6

Olly P.O.V

"Ashley?" I shout as I knock on the door of my girlfriends room, the other side of the university to where I've just come from.

Oxford University is a lot bigger than I thought, and with 30 different colleges within it, I'm truly lost when trying to find my way to Ashley's from St. Benet's hall to Wycliffe Hall.

"Ashley? You in?"

The door flies open hurriedly, a girl with pixie styled black hair and round black frames glasses and a black jumpsuit struggling to get her black boots on, grabbing her black coat and black purse.

She's a spitting image of a younger Sue Perkins dressed as someone working for the MI5.

"Hi." She rushes, lacing up her boots and pulling her coat over her arms. "I'm just about to go out, so-"

"That's ok. Um, is Ashley in?" I ask, a part of me hoping that the answer is no.

"She'll be back in a sec, you can come in and wait." The girl replies, walking past me, pulling out her car keys.

"Ok, thanks." The room is the exact same as Bailey's, but with less maths and physics books. More wardrobes with clothes and pink wallpaper and lines of bracelets and jewellery, more of a touch of a 6-year old and no manly sense whatsoever. I guess Ashley's work ethic may not be as good as her cousins.

I take my phone out of my pocket, ignoring the second text message from my friend Max who's tried to get hold of me, asking if I can go out for drinks tonight. I pull up my contacts on my phone, scrolling through them and reaching Ashley's number. I click on it, and the dial tone rings through my ear.

A phone rings beside me, and I look down to my right at what I presume is Ashley's bed, her phone laying on her pillow case.

I pick the phone up, the latest model of the Apple IPhone; I'm not surprised she has it really. I pick it up off the bed, declining the call and then placing it back down again.

I sit down on the mattress of the bottom bunk, scanning over the pink, well, everything. It looks like only 3 girls live in this room, as there's no more beds than that, and no sense of masculinity whatsoever.

I pick Ashley's phone up again, playing with the rubber on the side of the phone case. I play with the buttons on the case, pressing them all and hoping that at any one point, the phone won't spontaneously combust.

I swipe across the screen, and look down to realise that I've unlocked it. It's like my brain isn't connected to my body, because without even thinking, I'm pressing on her messages and scrolling through her most recent chats.

What am I doing? is all I'm thinking to myself, but my body won't stop as I read it.

What am I doing?  is all I'm thinking to myself, but my body won't stop as I read it

I can't believe it.

Well I can, but yeah, it's still unexpected.

She's using me.

Bailey P.O.V

I get back from final class for the week, exhausted by so many maths equations. I lock the door to the dorm room as James, Ethan and I walk back in. They dump their bags on my bed too, but swiftly move them off again as I shoot them a look as if to say if they don't move them, then I'll rip their bags up.

I walk back into the main room to see Sophie and Aaron led on the couch, cuddled up watching a romance movie of some sort as usual. Living with a couple, it can be cute, but mostly gross.

"Hey Romeo and Juliet." I greet, walking over to the kitchen counter and grabbing a handful of grapes from the fruit bowl, picking the red fruit from the little tree type branch and placing it into my mouth.

"Hey Bailey, Ethan, James." Aaron nods, pulling Sophie onto his lap and kissing her forehead.

"Get a room." Ethan wines, coming over to me and nicking a few grapes from my hand.

"Seriously? Your 19 and still act like a 12 year old!"

Ethan further complains, "I mean really, go to your room. James, Bailey and I wanna watch the Grand Prix."

Sophie just looks over at me in disgust, the fact that I actually like the fact that cars race each other around the same track 57 times. I just pick a grape up and throw it at her, missing her head and hitting Aaron.

"Fine, we'll go." Aaron moans, standing up and jogging over to his and the boys room, leading Sophie with him.

"So, I've got my bet on Hamilton." I say, placing my butt on the sofa and changing the channel as the door knocks.

"No way, Vettel's bringing it back this season after Rosburg finally reti-" I'm interrupted by the even louder knock.

Ugh, Jessie needs to remember to bring her keys.

"Oh my god Jessie." I shout, standing up from the couch where I'd already made myself comfy, walking over to the door. "If you forget your key one more time, I'm gonna tie a string around it, and make you wear it as an ankle ta-"

I stop when I swing the door open, to realise that it's not actually Jessie stood at the door. His green bright eyes look up from the floor, and he smirks when he sees its me, but behind that smirk there's pain. He's hurt.

"Hey Olly." I say, "What's up?"

"Can I stay with you tonight Bailey?"