22

(Here we go, last chapter!)

I wake up the next morning to an empty bed. Sherlock went to his brother's and his brother in law for the night, because we wanted to keep the tradition of not seeing each other on the wedding day. I smile as I put on the tux and have Molly help with my hair.

"Wow, it looks so much better than when I do it myself." I say, running my fingers through my hair.

"It's amazing how much a blow dryer can do." She smiles and unplugs her pink one from the wall, her bride's maid dress flowing around her ankles. "I'm actually surprised Sherlock doesn't have one." She says and tosses her curled hair over her shoulder.

I smile and glance at the clock. "Shit, we should go. You ready?" I ask as we walk down the stairs of the flat together and stand in front of the door.

"Shouldn't I be asking if you're ready?" She glances at me out of the corner of her eye.

"Probably, but that would make me more nervous." I open the door and walk out onto the street and see a sleek black limo sitting by the flat. "Sherlock!" I say, even though he's not here. "Prat." I whisper as I step into the luxurious car.

I get more nervous and more excited as we get nearer to the church and I can't wait to see Sherlock. Minutes pass as I wait for the rest of the guests to go in and I wait around the corner with Molly like we practiced in the rehearsal.

Sherlock is going to go in first with his brother and brother-in-law, Greg and then I go in with Molly. WHen the music starts playing I count to 30 and Molly walks around the corner with me and to the back of the church, where we begin to walk down the aisle together.

Smiling I see Sherlock at the front of the church, hands in front of him, the black suit crisp and proper, his black hair trimmed and preened against his forehead. He looks so beautiful.

I smile as we get to the front and Molly goes to stand by Mycroft and Greg. The priest tell us to recite our vows, and I already have tears in my eyes.

"John," Sherlock's voice cracks and I see his eyes brimming with tears. "When I met you, you were just a stranger, but I knew I was in love with you. As we grew closer, I knew that I loved you, and the first time we said it to each other was when we fought." A tear falls down his cheek and I hear a collective 'Aweeeee' from the guests. "But I meant it, and I still do when I say I love you John."

"I love you Sherlock." I whisper quietly before clearing my throat. "When i met Sherlock, I spilt his coffee all over him, and when I saw him next I bought him a new one. He didn't drink it, but instead decided to share a flat with me." That earns a chuckle from the audience and I feel less nervous. "You are my perfect stranger, my other piece, and even if we drift apart, which I'm sure will never happen, I will always love you. I will always be happy for you. Happy for my stranger." I smile and feel a tear slip down my cheek.

"You may exchange the rings."

We both pull the rings out of our pockets and take turns slipping it onto each other's fingers.

"You my kiss." The priest says, and then Sherlock does something we didn't practice. He lowers me down in a dip and presses his lips against mine, making the guests cheer and clap.

Happy music plays as we walk back down the aisle together, in the first few moments of being husbands. A huge smile is brimming on my face, and I know that I will never fall out of love with this man.

I will always be happy for the stranger.