CHAPTER 4

An eternity later XRenia blinked her eyes open everything was still white but the pain was gone. Then she realized she was floating weightlessly in the air and she looked down. To her horror she was completely naked and she became acutely aware of another presence floating in front of her. She glanced up and there was Verin completely naked as well floating within arm's reach.

The boy looked at her and his cheeks turned cherry red. He quickly turned away. "I think my magic was going to kill you, but I stopped it."

"How you do that?" XRenia asked as she tried to turn her body so he could not look at her straight on but other than him there was nothing to grab on to, to help her. She tried to use her magic but it was gone. . . No not gone out of reach hers and Verin's magic had formed this white weightlessness cocoon around them.

"By accepting your proposal to marry me."

The reality of what had happened struck her. Verin was right his magic was trying to kill her. By forcing the pack she had violated him. If he hadn't accepted she'd be dead right now. She swallowed hard. "Thank you for not letting me die."

He tried to keep his eyes off her. "You're um. Ya."

"Sorry for trying to force you," She apologized lamely.

He didn't answer.

She had thought the silence between them had been awkward before but this was a thousand times more so.

Minute after minute crawled by and finally he asked, "So what are we supposed to do?"

Why did he have to ask that? Of all the things he could've asked he had to ask that. XRenia's mind screamed

His eyes widened as if he had read her mind. And somehow XRenia clearly read his ; "Were supposed to consummate it!!!???"

Try as she might XRenia couldn't stop herself from thinking. "It is a marriage packet."

Verin's face turned pale pink and his ears burn bright red.

Okay so he was definitely able to read her thoughts

"I am?" She heard him think.

"You are," XRenia said out loud

"I didn't know such a thing was even possible."

"With my family line it is."

"Just who are you?"

"XRenia." She answered and without even meaning to she pushed a memory of her royal heritage at him.

She thought she had seen all possible stages of surprise throughout her lifetime however Verin at that moment top them all.

As the memory's touched his mind and the revelation of who she was downed on him his eyes nearly popped out of his head. "You're thee XRenia!? XRenia the most powerful mage born to date?!! Thee XRenia that is said to have enough power in her pinky to wipe out an entire Army!?! XRenia The daughter of Malthus the son of Mathis the supreme ruler over Terra the ninth nation!!? Thee XRe. . ."

"Yes! Yes! That's me. Please no more shouting you're hurting my ears."

"Oh, I am sorry."

She felt him start to berate himself for his reaction and quickly reached out to him catching him by his arm. "Don't, I would react much the same myself it had been the other way around."

He smiled happily back at her and they floated closer together. She found herself stealing glances at him and she started to contemplate allowing him fully into her life but then his mind latched on to a question and she felt her own heart sink.