Chapter Six - Toys R Fun

"Hey dad," Stiles greeted when he came back into his house, seeing his father sitting at the kitchen table, sipping from a cup of coffee while he read through the newspaper. "What a nice surprise," Stiles threw the bags he had been carrying onto the table, making one of them fall to the side and spill a few of it's contents onto said kitchen table. "I mean, I wasn't expecting you to be here. Mostly since this is my house and you're not exactly supposed to have the keys to it, now are you? I can't remember ever giving you a key, at least," Stiles eyed his father who was now looking back at him, a blank expression on his face as he just continued sipping his coffee. "So, dad, my question is; did you just break into my house?"

"You act like I wasn't the one who taught you how to do that," John said, blinking a few times before he looked back at the newspaper. "I see you've had a lot of fun the past days."

"Huh?" Stiles dumbly asked, making his father roll his eyes before he slid over the newspaper. Stiles grabbed it, turning it around so he could read it. Fire in abandoned warehouse, bleached remains of body found, can't be identified. "Oh, that," Stiles threw the paper back onto the table, shrugging his shoulders like it wasn't a big deal. "Who says it was me?"

"I do." John immediately said, making Stiles snort, smirking as he leaned over the table, looking at his father with dark eyes. 

"And you honestly think that anyone would believe you?" Stiles asked, amusement clear in his voice as he shook his head, pulling back again. "Dad, you don't really have the best reputation with the cops around here. And, well, trust me when I say that I kind of do. I learned my lesson from back in Beacon Hills, dad, and I've applied all of that knowledge into getting a great reputation here in this town. They like me here, and they would never believe you if you'd tell them that I'm the one running around murdering people."

"Of course they wouldn't," John sighed, looking back at the newspaper that he grabbed and placed in front of him again. "And I'm not going to tell anyone, just because I don't have any evidence on you."

"I guess you're getting smarter as well," Stiles chuckled before he walked over to the coffee maker, grabbing a cup before he poured in some coffee. "Was that why you came here? To just, you know, to just threaten me?"

"Haven't threatened you yet," John muttered, taking another sip of his coffee and Stiles turned around, leaning against the counter with one of his eyebrows raised. "Just want to make sure that you know that there's going to be a day that you're going to slip and make a mistake that's going to get you caught, Stiles, and I want you to know that I'm not going to protect you by then."

"Are you sure of that, daddy?" Stiles asked, making his father look up at him again. "Because, not to offend your way of parenting or anything, but you did help me escape from our old home after everyone, including you, knew that I hurt some people a little more than necessary. I'd think that maybe you just love me a little too much, and you'll help me again, even if you say you won't."

"Don't get your hopes up, son," John said before he looked down, eyeing the plastic bags on the counter. "Why is there a dildo laying next to my breakfast?" 

"Well, for one, this is not a dildo, it's a plug," Stiles replied, looking at the black plug with an expression on his face which said that he wasn't embarrassed about the sex toy at all. "And second, you're the one having breakfast at my place. There are a lot more play things around here, father, and if you're already freaked out by this little plug, I'd suggest for you to not go into my bedroom," Stiles quickly drank his coffee, not caring that it still was hot, before he put his cup back down onto the counter. "I'm sorry to have to leave you, but I need to go and check up on my dear little wolf toy now."