This Isn't What I Asked For...

Wind rushed pass the ears of the masked dragon as he ran as fast as he could through the forest.  He pushed branches out of his way, leaped over rocks, roots, and bushes, and swerved around trees.  He stopped at places he couldn't cross and easily found an alternate path.  He ran on adrenaline, he was running on panic and anger.

Raining and dreary.  Shin-ah, the dragon with the eyes to paralyze the heart gifted to him by the blood of the blue dragon, was running with all his might in the rain.  The clouds were grey, rolling through the sky with a face fast, almost like they were racing with him.  Thunder roared, mimicking the cry of an ancient creature, and lightning flashed brightly and rapidly accompanying that thunder.

Why?  Why did things always turn out this way for him? 

Was it because he was cursed?  But, she had told him he wasn't, and that he was blessed.  She convinced him he was beautiful existence, he was useful, he was pure.  It was all her, so why was she the one who...

His eyes, held angry, sorrowful tears that couldn't decide if they were shed for anger, hatred, betrayal or love.  His eyes saw the river that rushed so viciously before his ears picked up on the sound of the rapids that abused rocks and rubble with its mighty rapids. 

His legs started to move enough faster back and forth as he noticed a figure standing on the other side of the river bank.  Soon, he busted through the foliage and he stopped at his bank side.  The water, mixed with mud and rain, splashed up to brush his feet and toes.  His teeth were bared and his small fangs that could be made out clenched together.  His fists were tight as he dug into the fabric of his fingerless gloves. 

Behind his mask, his eyes dilated.  The narrowed slits of the golden words shook and filled with bitter tears as he screamed across the rain to the figure across from him.  The figure was wearing a mask as well, one that resembled a demon.  Their hair was hidden beneath the cloak they wore and draped down their back.  He still didn't want to believe it, it didn't want to believe anything, or rather, he didn't know what to believe. 

"F/N!!!"  His voice was completely soaked in rage.  He could feel himself growl under his breath as the figure across the river turned slightly to him.  Their mask looked at Shin-ah's as the thunder and the lightning worked as one, illuminating the sky and sounding the screams of the Gods'. 

In a moment, the figure was walking towards the water, and easily stepping over the rocks that were drenched in water.  They easily landed on the other side, Shin-ah's side as they stood at his side, a distance away.  They didn't look at him, and Shin-ah didn't look at them.  He stood there, waiting, wanting something to be said.  He trembled, still unsure of what he should feel, how he should feel, and why. 

"Why did you..."  That's all Shin-ah could muster up to say.  He couldn't say what had happened just a short while before he was standing in the rain, furious and dubious.  He had left for only a while, a short while.  So why, why did this happen and why her, why to them? 

Shin-ah had went out with his group after arriving in a village where there was a small orphanage.  The children there were weak, sick and dying.  There were not many, maybe one 5 children and a few caretakers, but they were old in age, and not able to do much of anything.  Yona, the princess of Kouka, Hak her bodyguard, Yun her genius, and her dragons, Kija, Jae-ha, Zeno and Shin-ah were all ready to do anything for these children.  They left their last companion to look after the child for a while so they could leave and do what needed to be done.

That person was F/N.

The rest, just blends into a blur and a haze, a haze Shin-ah wants to believe was a dream.  When he first returned, he was the first of the separated group to come back, and part of him wished he wasn't.  The first thing he remembered looked at through his mask was crimson.  The sick stench of blood and rush filled his nose, and the sight of it made him sick.