xxii. familial problems

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘸𝘰: 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘴

「 ──────────────────────── 」

𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬

     I WATCH AS EVERYONE'S face goes into shock. Well, everyone except Aleksandr. His face brightens and he runs over to me, hugging me tightly as he thanks me for making him an uncle of 'two amazing children that have their father's eyes'. I push him off me and my children tackle their strange looking uncle in a hug, happiness radiating from them both.

     "Stiles," Kol says, his eyes confused. "How old are they?"

     I raise my eyebrows. "Now, that's a rude question. Ina is two years older than Max. Max stopped ageing at fifteen, and Ina stopped ageing at seventeen. They would be around... 475 millennia give or take."

     "Wait. Hold old are you?"

     "Huh... That's a good question. Hey, Alek. How old are we?"

     Alek pauses and frowns. "Some where near the 50 to 55 millennia mark. I don't know. Call mum from the Other Side. She will know."

     I shrug. "There's your answer. Around 50 to 55 millennia. Maybe older. Most likely older."

     Everyone goes dead silent and I look around at my Pack. Their eyes are wider than humanly possible and Erica looks like she is about to faint. Then she does, followed by Allison and then my sister. Well, they aren't the only ones, but you get the picture. A lot of my Pack fainted from a shock overload at first, and then it really hit them and some more males lost consciousness.

     "Well," I say, shock covering my face. "I have to say, I expected more of you to either pass out or freak out."

     Kai screeches. "Freak out?! Freak out?! You want to see us freak out?!"

     Kol and Theo wack him on the head. "Shut up, Malachai."

     I roll my eyes. "Damn, guys. I thought you would have figured out by now that I am way older than I look and seem to be. Judging by the looks on your faces, I'm going to say that you didn't. When I say a 'couple of millennia', referring to my life before the Original Family, I mean around about 5 to 10 millennia because the years have just blurred together."