Part 2 (Keith x FTM!reader)

There have been so many Keith requests lately! I'm so glad that you guys liked the first part and wanted a part two. I have such a good time writing these types of imagines!
____________________________________

After you ran away with Keith the whole Voltron thing happened. You loved being reunited with your best friends, Hunk, Lance and Pidge but also you had to explain to Lace why you ran away with Keith of all people. You slowly got to know every member of the team although for the first week you only really talked to those you knew really well. But you warmed up to Shiro and even talked to him about some of your experiences, and he talked to you about his. You were to still talk to Coran and Allura though. You were nervous as to how they would react having different customs and cultures from humans. The conversation was quite interesting.
"Allura and Coran, I have something to talk to you about. I just want to be honest right off the bat and say that I am a trans male. What that means is that I was born a girl but always identified as male. So I transitioned officially to male." Their faces showed that they weren't really catching on to what you were saying. You let out a small sigh and decided to rephrase your statement. "Basically you could say that I was trapped in a girl's body, but I am a guy."
Allura and Coran's eyes widened and they both gasped.

"(Y/N), that's amazing! You're like a god!"

"Well I don't know about that bu-"

"No, no. You would have certainly been worshiped in our culture! I find that fascinating." They stared in awe at you until Keith pulled them aside for a talk. When you guys lived in his home after running away from the Garrison you got to know each other very well. So he explained what you liked, what you disliked, what made you happy, what gave you dysphoria, and why you were so important to him and the others. Since that little talk, Allura always made sure that you were comfortable and feeling okay when the others weren't around. On the other hand, Coran would make you feel secure in his own way. He called you things like "(Y/N), (Y/N) the manly man", "the best dude on Aleta", "the magic manly god" the list went on and on. He even offered to help you grow a mustache.

Eventually, there was a day that the paladins had a mission and Allura and Coran went on a supply run and you were left by yourself in the vast castle. Naturally, you didn't do anything too drastic, maybe listened to music without headphones or maybe slid down the long hallways in your socks. You were doing laps around the large castle when you went to the kitchen for a snack. When you got there you were looking at your options when you heard the front doors to the castle open. You assumed it was Allura and Coran because they were due to be back around this time. You slid towards the main hall and gave a grand welcome to Coran. "Welcome back, mustache man!" You cheered as you stopped a few feet from the entrance of the main hall. A voice you didn't recognize answered.

"I thought everyone was gone. Who is there? Identify yourself immediately!" The deep voice boomed. It sent a wave of chills down your spine as you quietly retreated towards your room. You had a small knife and a blaster Keith gave you for protection in your closet, if only you could get there you would be able to fight the intruder off. Footsteps echoed in the hallway behind you and you began to sprint. "You there!" The voice rang as you rounded a sharp corner, desperately trying to get away. From the corner of your eye you saw a sliver of what was chasing you. They were tall, hairy, and purple with black armor. Your pursuer was a Galra. The species that have been after the lions all this time. You saw your door and swiftly opened it and launched yourself inside and crawled to your closet. There you stayed with the blaster at the ready and the knife on your belt. The voice boomed from the hallway, he was getting closer "We've been watching you. You can't fight as well as the others, you aren't an Altean. It seems that the only reason they have you around is because you're a friend." The voice stopped right outside your door. "And there's one thing I know. Friends make great bargaining chips." Your teeth gritted in anger and you gripped the blaster with white knuckles. You were afraid he would enter your room when another voice rang out in the castle.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N), hold on I'm coming!" It was Keith. He must've seen the open door of the castle or a beach in the security and figured out someone was in the castle. You sighed in relief as your heartbeat remained to rush and tears welled in your eyes.
Your room door opened and you heard heavy footsteps approach your closet. Through a sliver of the door you saw the Galra creep toward the closet, with a blaster at the ready and reach for the handle. Without thinking you aimed through the door and shot his leg. The Galra yelled in pain and fell to the floor. "(Y/N)!" Keith yelled from the hallway. You leaped over the Galra and bolted to the door. There you met a lightning bolt of red which you collided with. He held your arms and skimmed over your body with his eyes for any possible injuries. "Are you okay? Where is the intruder? Did he hurt you?"
You gripped his forearms and looked at him through watery eyes. Staring into his concerned grey eyes you could only stutter. You broke eye contact and looked at the Galran on the floor of your bedroom. Keith placed his hands on both sides of your face and forced you to look at him. "(Y/N), (Y/N). Take a deep breath and look at me. Hey, you're alright. It's okay." His thumbs lightly caressed the sides of your face in a calming manner.

"Look at how scared they are from something so small as this." The Galra said through gritted teeth. "You are not a worrier. You are simply a buddy that sticks around." You looked at the floor when the Galran continued to insult you from the ground.

"Shut up!" Keith demanded at the Galran. His action caught you by surprise. He unintentionally wrapped his hand in yours as he prepared to go wild on the intruder. Before he could do anything, the rest of the team stepped in and took care of the situation at hand. You attempted to calm Keith down, neither of you noticed that your hand was still in his.

Shiro organized a team meeting which took about an hour. After that the whole team decided to get some rest after the eventful day. Each member of the team retreated to their proper rooms, but you walked up to your room and immediately thought of how hopeless and vulnerable you felt that moment in the closet. Keith caught you staring into the room and placed a hand on your shoulder. "I know you probably don't want to sleep in there after what happened. You can sleep with me tonight if you want." You nodded and followed him to his room where you both took separate trips to the bathroom to change and then flopped down on his bed. There was silence in the dark room before you decided to speak. "Thank you for today."

"Are you okay?" Keith asked you. You shook your head as tears threatened to run down your cheeks. Keith sat facing you. "That Galran today was wrong. You are as valuable of a member of the team as anyone. You make us smile when we're stressed, you help communicate and reason with the locals on missions." He took one of your hands in his and made small circles on the back of your palm. You sniffed and wiped a tear away. "And if you think for one second that who you were in the past or what people may call you define who you are, you're wrong. You're important to us, as a team, as a friend..." Keith gulped and tightened the grip on your hand a tad. "And personally, to me you're important to me as more than a friend." Your eyes swelled with more tears as you leaned in and hugged him.

"Thank you Keith. You're always there for me." He wrapped his arms around your back and sniffed as he held back tears of his own.

"There's nothing I wouldn't do for you, I hope you know that." He whispered in a teary voice.

"I know. That's why I love you." You pulled out of the hug and looked into Keith's eyes once again. He placed a hand on your chest and cupped your jaw you leaned into a long, meaningful kiss. You spent the rest of the night hand in hand and Keith's head resting on your chest.

The next morning you went to get breakfast with Keith. You held hands with him at the table as you ate. Coran walked into the kitchen. "Good morning, (Y/N). I hope you're okay wi- oh my goodness, my manly buddy has a boyfriend! Allura you were right!" You heard a cheer from Allura who poked her head into the room after Coran's statement.

____________________________________

Hey! Just a quick authors note. If any of you guys want or need to talk or vent about something, or need advice my doors are always open and I'll do my best to help you out. This is a safe space and I want to support you guys any way I can! Thanks for reading!