Sketches (Pidge x reader)

You loved drawing, painting and art in general. It was always a passion and hobby of yours for as long as you could remember. In your spare time you were drawing sketches of the lions, paladins, castle and even the several spontaneous and funny faces Coran makes. But by far your favorite thing to draw was the one and only Pidge Gunderson, the way their glasses fit on the bridge of their nose, the delicate curls in their short, adorable hair, Pidge had pages dedicated to sketches of them in your sketchbook.

One day you were taking a walk around the castle to stretch your legs. You heard a small grunt of frustration from the laboratory, peeking inside you saw Pidge with their head laying on the desk, hands pulling on their hair in frustration. Before you knew it you were asking how to help. You couldn't bare to see Pidge upset.
"Hey Pidge, you okay? Anything I can help with?"
They looked up at you with a small smile. "Hey (YN), I'm just frustrated. I'm trying to copy down these blueprints from the computer since our printer is out of ink and I can't get the proportions right. I think I'll just wait until Shiro comes back with more ink. Ugh! I worked really hard on these blueprints and all I wa- Wait! (YN) you draw a lot right?" They stopped mid- ramble and asked you with eager eyes.
"Yeah. It's one of my favorite things to do!"
They leaped up from their chair and bounded over to you. "Do you think you could draw up the blueprints for me?!" Their eyes twinkled in excitement as they unintentionally inched toward you, awaiting your answer.
"Sure! Anything for my favorite tech wizard!"
They blushed at your nick name for them. "THANK YOU! I can't draw for my life."
"I just have to get paper from by room." You said
"Okay, I'll come with you!" They smiled and started walking towards your room. Then it hit you, you didn't want Pidge to see your room as it was now, you had several underwear, shirts, and art materials thrown about your room. 'I have to do something.' You thought.
"Hey, Pidge mind grabbing me some uhh... pencils?"
"I thought you had art supplies in your room." They said innocently.
'Damn, what do I do?!?"
"Well I do suppose new ones work better for blueprints, I'll get some pens while I'm at it. I'll be back in a few!" They reported cheerfully as they turned down the hall.
You heaved a sigh of relief. 'Quiznak that was close!'
You swiftly entered your room and started to throw your mess in the closet and shove your messy clothes under the bed. But before you could even think about organizing the mountain of art materials or get the socks from the ceiling fan, you heard a soft knock and the opening of the sliding door. There stood innocent, adorable Pidge holding a fistful of pens and pencils.
"Alright, let's get to work!" They said, entering your room. They paid no mind to the mess.
"I'm sorry about the mess, Pidge. I didn't expect anything to happen in my room today." You said frowning at your untidyness.
Pidge scanned your room and smiled. "Oh, this is nothing compared to my lab when I'm done with it at the end of a productive day."
You were relieved that they understood the struggle."Ill start on the drawing, can you pull up the blueprints?"
"Yeah, sure." They grabbed their computer and set it on your desk so you can look at it while you drew.
You muttered a "thanks" and got down to business. You soon became caught up in drawing the replica of the diagram, you didn't notice Pidge start to circle your room looking at your things. You were just finishing the blueprints when you heard Pidge open a book of some sort behind you.
"(YN), is this one of your sketchbooks?" Pidge's cute voice questioned.
Time seemed to slow down. You whipped around in your chair just as Pidge was opening the book. You saw that it was the one you used to draw people in. You had drawings of everyone on in the castle but it was mainly Pidge you drew. You had quite a few pages dedicated to doodles of them. They were fun to draw and you liked drawing people with glasses and wavy hair. They were the perfect drawing model to be honest. Their eyes scanned the page and turned it looking deeper into your sketchbook. They slowly looked up at you. Meeting your huge, terrified eyes. They smiled from ear to ear!
"(YN) I had no idea you could draw THIS well! It's amazing! I love how you draw everyone on our team so accurately!" Still looking through the graphite covered pages they stepped closer to you. "To be honest with you, I'm not always content with the way I look, but after seeing how you draw me, I feel much better." Their eyes were sincere and thankful, you didn't dare break eye contact. "Thank you, (YN). Thank you for seeing me like this. I feel better about myself after looking through your eyes."
At this point your eyes were overflowing with tears. You sprang up and wrapped your arms firmly around the green paladin.
"Pidge, that's the most beautiful thing anyone has said about me or my art. I love you so much and if you ever forget that, come to me and I'll gladly remind you. You're spectacular through my eyes." You said whole heartily, meaning every word.
Pidge hooked their arms securely around you.
"Thank you (YN). You're special to me too, you're relatable and care so much about others."
You two stood there in each other's embrace, sharing the beautiful moment.
You flinched at the sound of your door swooshing open. You heard Lance exclaim "GUYS!! Hunk made cookies and they're sooo good! He's eating them all so you gotta hurry an- ooh I want a hug!" He exclaimed as he pounced on you two.
All you two could do was laugh as the sharpshooter nearly crushed the two of you to death.