I dropped my hand dejectedly.

"I want to start over, though. Obviously, we got off on the wrong foot. Can we be friends?"

"Friends?" He asked, skeptically.

"Yes. I want to be friends with you, and even Nathan. Here," I reached into my back pocket and pulled out his phone, holding it out to him with both hands. "I'm trusting you enough to have this. Don't make me regret it."

He hesitantly grasped the phone in his hand, turning it over as he pressed the 'on' button. He seemed surprised that it actually turned on, which I didn't further question.

"Why are you doing this?" He said quietly as he waited for the phone to load up.

"What?"

"Why are we alive? I saw what you did to Rocky. Why am I not dead?"

"Do you want to be?" I asked, tilting my head.

'I didn't think of that. Would he have come to this point without me around to stop him?'

"No! I just... I don't understand. I should be dead right now," he whispered.

"Three other people would agree with you," I muttered under my breath. But when he gave me a strange look, I spoke up. "You interest me. Keep my interest, and you'll be fine."

The phone chimed in his hands, signaling all the text messages he missed.

"Well, that's my cue to go. I won't hover while you talk to your team. Tell them they're welcome to come to dinner, if they'd like," I grinned, getting to my feet.

"You're insane," Luke chuckled, not looking up from the phone.

"You'll learn to love it." I gave him a crooked grin, ruffling Ryzix's hair as I walked by and made my way back to Nathan.

A buzz in my back pocket made me grin.

'He didn't even wait a minute, did he?'

I took out Nathan's phone with a fond smile, seeing Luke's message at the top.

Pancakes: That text wasn't from Nathan last night.

I unlocked the phone with bated breath to see what the responses would be.

Black Car: What do you mean?

Violin: Explain, Mr. Taylor Sr..

Paint Brush: If that wasn't Nathan, how the fuck do we know you're who you say you are?

Pancakes: Gabe, I'm who I say I am. Trust me.

Paint Brush: Prove it, then.

Pancakes: Even after you've moved, you still don't know what you want your room's mural to look like.

Pancakes: You hate the silence. It makes you feel alone even in a crowded room.

Pancakes: You won't admit it, but whenever we go out somewhere, you're always looking for someone to inspire your art.

'He hasn't found another muse? Interesting...'

Paint Brush: Okay! I get it! You're you!

Calculator: Where's Nathan?

Pancakes: He's tied up at the moment. I think...

Music Notes: You aren't certain?

Pancakes: We're not in the same room. I'm able to walk around, but he's contained. I don't know why, but she wanted to talk to us separately.