9~

Mikey.

Life just keeps getting worse.

Today was Frank's 18th birthday.

We were invited to a Halloween party. It was quite nice.

Frank stayed over at our house and of course he was staying at Gerard's room.

That until 3:30am, when he visited my room and softly knocked on the door, asking if I was asleep.

"I'm insomniac Frankie, come in." He chuckled a bit and sat down on the bed with me. I was wearing a t-shirt and didn't even bother hiding my arms, he was one of my best friends after all.

After he got comfortable, he was about to say something when he decided to change what he was gonna say and comment on my self harming instead.

"You still do it?"
"It's not easy to stop." I replied bluntly.
"I know, trust me, I know so well."
"What do you m-"
"That's not the point.' he changed topic quickly. 'So, if I didn't tell anyone I would explode. So. I have a crush on Gerard."
"No shit." I chuckled.
"How-how the fuck did you know?!"
"Frankie we've all seen the way you look at him and how much you like spending time together, you don't have to be a genius to guess it."
"Right so how do I tell him?"
"Wow man you came to the right person." I replied with sweet sarcasm dripping from my mouth.
"I mean you're his brother, what would he like?"
"Comics, food or CDs."
"So how do I tell him using that, idiot?"
"Why not write a song?"
"Help me write something please!" He asked with the most adorable puppy eyes he could pull and I just couldn't say no.

We stayed up that night writing Gerard a song.

He called it "He's The Prettiest Boy At The Party And He Can Prove It, With A Solid Right Hook".

When he was about to leave because Gerard would be up any second and he would see him missing, he stopped at the door and turned around.

He came closer to me again and pulled his sleeves up and held his arms in front of him for me to see.

"That's what I meant I can understand."

On his arms there were tons of faded white lines and red ones over them, some of them looking so new, as if he had just made them today.

I wad just starring at his arms silently, before getting up and hugging him, his sad smile now broke into tears.

"It's okay, it's okay." I whispered soothingly until he had calmed down.

"I asked because I saw yours and remembered the pain, as I had just cut before I came to your room..."

"Doesn Gerard know?"
Frank shook his head frantically.
"And he must never learn about it. Please. You've seen how much your self harming and depression has ruined him, I don't wanna worry him with mine more.
"Well how long have you been doing this?"
"Around eight months.."
"Don't worry, I won't tell a thing."
"Thank you so much. Now, will you play bass for me when I sing the song?"
"Yeah just call my name when you do."
"Will do."

Long story short, Gerard and Frank were dating by the next day.