3.

"Hey! Hey! Jason! Carter, wait up," Billy yelled to the two teenagers walking down the stairs. The pair looked at each other in confusion before turning around to the frantic boy. "Hey thanks for that in there," Billy tells the two friends.

"Don't worry I hate guys like that," Jason tells him as Carter nods her head. The two continued to descend down the steps as Billy unexpectedly followed them.

"Yeah hey we should hang out some time," Billy told them, making them slow their steps down. "I mean not right now, but tonight, you know?"

"What's your name again?" Jason asked. Carter just stood next to her friend as the pair talked. She didn't want to be rude & just walk away.

"Billy Cranston," he told him shaking both of their hands, "or William Cranston.  They used to call me Billy Cramstones as a joke. Like Billy Cramstones of crayons in his butt, which I didn't, but it's really impossible to cram a ton of crayons in a butt," the boy rambled on.

"Billy, we would honestly hang out with you, but we have a date every night with the sheriffs ankle monitor," Carter told the boy as she showed her ankle monitor, "so I'm sorry."

The pair once again descended down the stairs for what felt like the 12th time, and just as they got to the bottom, Billy stopped them again.

"Wait no no, don't leave," he begs them. "Hey, alright, so I didn't really expect for us to hang out. Truth is, I need to get somewhere and I could do with your help."

"Billy, like Car said, we both have house arrest. There's nothing we can do about it," Jason said as he smiled sympathetically at the boy.

"Wait!" Billy told them once again, "I mean, I can fix that. I know how to trick the SIM, I mean I have tools-"

"I have to be at my house before 7," the young girl stopped him. "So does he," she said as she nodded her head towards the other boy.

"You both can come to my house before 7 and I can fix it," he told them. "Oh I also have a car, or access to a car, if you decide to help me you could have the car for a few hours."

"Alright, we'll see Billy," Jason tells him.

~~~

"How are you not mad?" Carters dad argued with her mom. Carter laid in her bed listening to her parents argue. "I mean, she's ruining her life for some dumb boy."

Carter rolled her eyes at her fathers assumptions. She knew he would never understand her and Jason's friendship. They didn't even try to understand it.

Her parents had no clue that the young girl could hear their argument, but then again it wasn't like they were trying to keep it a secret. They had been arguing ever since they got the call from the police.

"Of course I'm mad, Tom!" Her mom yelled back, "but yelling at her isn't going to solve anything. She knows that she did something wrong and she has to live with that."

"I just don't know where we went wrong," Tom told his wife, "I mean look at Clay, he's doing amazing and she's - she's just not like him."

Carter had heard enough. The teenage girl looked at the clock, checking if she had enough time to make it to Billy's house.