05 - wayne

"Clark? Are you ready?" Alex called out from the bathroom, turned halfway as she looked in the mirror, her new, figure hugging dress still needing a zip up. Moments after her call, Clark came rushing in, his curly hair combed back and his dress shirt fitting perfectly on his toned torso.

"Yes, whats- wow.." The man mumbled, earning a smile from his lady.

"Could you help me zip up?"

"Yeah- um, just- sure, here." He mumbled, his large, sweaty hands slightly fumbling with the zipper as he pulled it up. Once it reached the top, Clark used his finger to trace the path of the zipper down her back once again, giving Alex a chill. She turned around and they both looked in the mirror for a moment before walking out of the bathroom.

It wasn't long til they started out the door, driving down the Gotham streets to the address Alex had put into Clark's phone, so they could follow Google Maps. They reached without any trouble, and hopped out of the truck, which stuck out like a sore thumb within the sea of Mercedes and BMWs. Fingers linked together, Alex and Clark walked into the grand mansion, being greeted by the sound of voices and laughter.

"What was this party for again...?" Alex asked in a whisper, her eyes glued to the many rich folk talking in their groups.

"I don't really remember, but can I buy you a drink?"

"I could use one of those." Alex nodded, and the couple made their way to the bar, taking a seat on the plush barstools. It wasn't long after Clark began to relax, that he was dragged off by a group that wanted to push questions down the man's throat, and Alex just encouraged him to go along with it and get it all off his chest, despite the awkward faces and body language he gave off.

Alex sat there at the bar, looking around at the people, quietly sipping the whiskey her boyfriend paid for, until a voice behind her caused her to whip her head around to find the owner.

"Alex Parrish? I didn't know you were invited." The young boy said, almost exclaiming. She didn't take any offense, and instead turned her whole body around to face him with a chuckle, "surprise, then? I don't mean to sound rude, but do I know you?"

"Oh, Dick Grayson, ma'am, pleasure to meet ya."

"Pleasures all mine... so, where's your dad?"

"Well- he's not really my dad, but he just takes care of me like that- I'll go get him." The dark haired boy said quickly and turned to find his caretaker, making Alex frown in amusement before turning to face the bar again. She could hear Clark explaining everything to a crowd swarming him, and he seemed to be taking it quite well. Again, a voice from behind her brought her attention towards it and she smiled at the tall man hovering over her.

"See, Bruce I told you, she was here." The kid stated from behind him.

Alex's eyes went slightly wide, now being in his presence, and a friendly smile grew on her face as he took a seat next to her. "Miss Parrish, never thought I'd have the pleasure of making your acquaintance. Bruce Wayne."

"Please, pleasures all mine, Mr. Wayne." Alex responded humbly, shaking his hand and retracting her own to take another sip of her whiskey.

"So, what brings you to Gotham?"

"I'll give you the usual excuse and say that I'm here for a fresh start."

Bruce chuckled and leaned against the bar, staring right at her, and right as he was going to say something, the teen behind him chimed in first, "I don't think Gotham is the place you'd wanna go for a fresh start." he said, making Bruce turn around slowly, and Alex laugh, nearly choking on her drink.

"Cute kid." She teased as Mr. Wayne turned back to face her.

"You could say that." He laughed upon seeing her do the same, "so, tell me, why's a lovely lady like you drinking alone?"

Dick, standing behind him had his eyes widened with absolute amusement, and he seemed to be trying to refrain from tapping Bruce on the shoulder. Alex glanced at the kid and back at Bruce, an amused smile on her face, "Oh, my boyfriend is over there, talking to that crowd. You can't miss him, you know, tall, puppy dog face, really broad shoulders for a nerd." she pointed behind her, making the millionaire sitting in front of her look past her and swallow down thickly. It was now that Dick decided to free his laugh that he seemed to be holding in the whole time, by the redness of his face. Bruce smiled and reached a hand over to rub her arm and stood up, straightening his jacket while the kid was uncontrollably cackling in the background.

"It was certainly nice meeting you, miss Parrish, hopefully this won't be the last time." He said courteously before walking off to speak with more people, Dick trailing behind him. Alex laughed to herself and hopped off the bar stool, making her way to her lover with a smile. Upon seeing her, Clark's face lit up with both happiness and relief, and his arm swooped around her lower back to hold her waist.

"Why are you so smiley?" He asked once he got a moment to himself.

"Hmm, I'm just glad we made it here. I met Bruce Wayne, by the way."

"Really? What's he like?"

"Interesting fella."