03 - invite

Alex woke up before Clark this time, much to her own surprise. She stood up and cleaned up around their set up, turning off the TV as well. She put the dishes away and changed out of yesterday's clothes, into something more comfortable before going back to the living room, where she laid Clark down on the couch horizontally and tucked a pillow under his head, pulling the throw blanket over him. Once she was done, she turned around and sighed, remembering it had been two weeks since she had checked her mail, and she had made it a routine to go back to her apartment in Metropolis and get her mail. She chewed her lip and glanced at Clark for a moment before quickly stepping into her converse.

She walked out with the keys to Clark's truck and hopped in, taking it all the way to Metropolis. As soon as she stopped at a signal, she pulled her phone out and quickly texted Clark, letting him know she was going to be checking her mail. It certainly didn't feel right to text him, but the last thing Alex wanted to do was wake her boyfriend while he was so peacefully sleeping on the couch. She knew he could hear her leaving, being that he was gifted in that way, but why he didn't get up was a mystery to her.

Upon arriving, she was welcomed to her previous home with the sounds of cars humming by, and people weaving their way around each other. The traffic definitely wasn't much different than that of Gotham, but the atmosphere was. In Gotham, there were always clouds threatening to cover the sun, but in Metropolis, there seemed to be this sense of light. That didn't mean a thing, though. Both cities had their dark, disgusting parts, and that was that. It took a few minutes, but Alex pulled into the parking lot of a pop up shop close to her apartment building, to avoid having to pay for it, just so she could fetch mail, if any. She didn't have many friends, but Clark did, and before they left, they made sure to make things easier for them to manage from a whole city, so his mailing address was now hers. That being said, Alex was certain that Clark had some mail.

The shining sun heated up the top of Alex's head as she walked across the street to the mailbox in her apartment building. She didn't have her key, and she removed the spare to avoid being robbed, so she couldn't even go in her house, not that she really wanted to, or she was certain she'd start changing things and cleaning up. Parrish lifted her sunglasses as she entered the shade of the building and opened her designated mailbox with the key, letting the door swing open to reveal a small pile of envelopes.

"Figures..." Alex mumbled and reached in to grab them. She held them carefully tucked under her arm as she closed the mailbox and yanked the key out before hurrying back to her car. After dumping the envelopes in the passenger seat, her phone started to ring, so she walked around to the front and sat in, answering it and putting the key in the ignition once again.

"Hello?"

"Heh, hi."

"Clark? Hey, I didn't wanna wake you, so I just left to get mail."

"Hmm, morning. What did you get, or are you still driving?"

"No, I just got it, but I haven't looked through it yet, let me see, I'll read it to you, the important ones."

Alex heard Clark's laugh through the phone and instantly smiled, taking the papers and setting them on her lap, so she could read them while still holding the phone,

"Okay, some are my bills that I have to pay, some Home Owner's thing, and- holy shit!"

"Alex, language please.."

"Sorry, sorry, but we got a letter from the Wayne Manor!"

"As in Bruce Wayne?" Clark asked, his voice still calm on the phone.

"No, as in Mohammed Wayne, yes as in Bruce Wayne. We got some fancy invitation- well you did."

"For what- wait, come home an tell me. I miss you."

Alex broke out into a fit of laughter and mumbled something about being back soon before hanging up and backing out of the parking space. She suddenly stopped at seeing a familiar face in her rear view mirror, but frowned and ignored it, knowing she had to get moving or other cars around her wouldn't be too happy.