Sebastian opened his eyes quickly; growing annoyed as he stood to snarl at the officer he had thought he had threatened enough for the day.

Surprisingly enough, he found himself staring into the light brown eyes of a woman in a police chief uniform. His brows came together in confusion as he studied her intensely, not recognizing her in the slightest bit.

"What happened to Keane?" Sebastian's sharp voice cut through the air, and while the rest of the officers looked nervous and frightened, the woman before him remained unaffected by his presence.

"Keane," she said, referring to the previous police chief, "has been fired."

Sebastian forced himself to hold in his surprise, yet the woman before him smirked with contempt as if she could sense his hidden feeling.

"You see," she continued, "two-faced undercover spies in the police force just won't do, especially if they're working with people in gangs. As you can see, O'Malley and O'Donoghue are also missing." She gestured widely around the room before looking me straight in the eyes.

"I don't tolerate that kind of behavior." Her tone was authoritative and firm, and her expression matched. "The police are supposed to protect, not cower in submission to people like you."

His jaw clenched at her words, but Sebastian refused to let her know just how much he wanted to strangle her.

"Is that so?" He forced out, his eyes narrowing at her amused expression.

She let out a sinister chuckle and gave a slight nod with her head. "Of course you're angry. All your ties with the police force are gone, and now, you're under my control. It won't be long before we find Mason and Callum, and then we will have disarmed your gang of its vital members."

A tidal wave of anger crashed over Sebastian, and slight tremors ran through his body as he glared at the woman.

"My name is Chief Carter, so you know," she said with a jeering smirk, "although it seems we won't be acquaintances for too long."

"And why is that?" Sebastian bit out, feigning mock interest.

Chief Carter looked pleased by his question, and instantly Sebastian knew she had planned for that to happen.

"Well Mr. King, with a record like yours, I'd say you have about three days tops before we can get you six feet under the ground, where you can sink straight into hell, exactly where you belong."

Sebastian tsked lightly, making her look of contempt falter. "Now, now, I'm sure we can think this through."

"On the contrary," Chief Carter interrupted, "You're a wanted man, Mr. King. You have no other options, and you have no one else to save you. As much as I'd like to continue this little chat, I'm afraid I must go." She gave him a pout, but Sebastian could see the sarcastic glint in her eyes.

"I'll be seeing you soon."

As she turned on her heel, the rest of the police officers seemed to follow her, all except for one.

The egotistical man from before walked up to the cell, his eyes shining with victory.

"And the King has been dethroned."

Before the man had time to react, Sebastian arms shot through the bars of the cell, one hand wrapping around the back of his neck, the other on his neck.

"Chief Carter," Sebastian called out calmly, raising his eyes to meet her alarmed ones.

Sebastian smirked as he took in the fearful expressions of all the people in the room, not once glancing as the shaking man in front of him.