[ARABELLA]

"Take me to church!!!" My best friend Lena blared loudly throughout the car.

"Lena, shut the freak up! Your gonna kill my ears!"

To that my best friends reply was a roll of the eyes and an overly dramatic look.  But hey, it's not my fault she's so annoying!

Lena turned down the music and suddenly faced me.

"So Arabella, what are you going to wear on your date with Alex?" She asked while wiggling one of her perfectly sculpted eye brows.

"Len, how many times do I have to tell you, it's not a date. It's just two friends going out and eating food together across from  each other." She gave me an I don't believe you look.

"I don't even like him like that!" It was true. Alex was just one of those boys that you went to school with and never really interacted with outside of school. you know just one of those boys you could never seriously like. It was just a they had their cute moments kind of thing.

" Then why did you agree to go on the date in the first place if you 'don't like him like that'?" she asked with an accusing look on her face.

"Lena, he asked me out and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. He's Alex, he's like the classes baby brother and I really didn't want to hurt his feelings. You know how I am about that."

"Ok, but when he expects you to be his girlfriend and you say no and he gets hurt, just remember I warned you." she said while looking at me from the drivers seat.

"So moving on to the important topic of your 17th birthday, where are you going to go for your party?" Lena asked with an excited look on her face.

"Len we aren't even have way to my 17th birthday. Why are you even..."

The next thing I saw was the worst of my life. My bestfriend of 15 years was thrown through the window of her car full speed, being hit from behind by a drunk driver. As soon as I heard her body hit the pavement about 100 yards away I passed out.

That was when the worst part of my life started. That was the day when my life started to fall apart.