2 session one

I moved around my bedroom to find a pair of sneakers to wear to the first group meet. As I was trying to find my shoes, I heard a soft knock on my door. Thinking that it was one of the people who worked here, I shouted: "Come in."

"Hey, are you...Is this a bad time?" Someone with a very defined British accent spoke from the doorframe. I jerked my head up to look at the stranger, "No, sorry I was just looking for my shoes." I stood up and ran a hand on my sweat pants to smooth out the creases, "And you are...?" Making my way to him, I tripped on my own feet. The man rushed to my aid with a small smile, his blue eyes shining. "I am Louis," he extended his hand forward and helped me get up. "Ishita," I mumbled not exactly meeting his eyes.

"I know. Sherry sent me here to help you find your way to the common room," Louis said softly and sat on a chair in my room. I furrowed my eyebrows, Sherry? Louis looked my confused face, "Sherry is our counselor," he said. I nodded and turned around to grab my bag but Louis stopped me, "You won't be needing that."

"I know. I was just getting a map," I said and continued to rummage through my bag. "Exactly, you won't be needing that," Louis said and laughed a little. I slowly nodded and put my bag down.

"Shall we go then?" I asked him and began walking out of the room. On my way out, I examined our baggy outfits. If someone looked at us, they might think we are twinning.
Louis nodded and jogged to catch up to me. "So since you are the only new one joining us, maybe I should give you some advice," Louis looked at me seeking for approval to which I simply nodded. I hope I don't seem rude because of my constant nodding.

"Okay well there are 8 people including you and Sherry. Sherry is not one of the most amazing people but you will get used to it. Oh and there is a girl Amy who lived her whole life on the streets and let me tell you, no one likes her. I repeat, no one likes her. Those who try to are driven away. She doesn't like anyone either and has the need to give her opinions on everyone and everything," Louis looked at me to check if I was following him.

"Judging from our outfits I think we might be best friends," I joked and he smiled at me.
"We might be," he laughed, his eyes crinkling. He is beautiful.

"If you want, you can stick with me for the rest of the camp. I've stayed in this facility for about a year now so I know my ways inside out," I beamed at his suggestion.
"Thank you so much," I gushed in delight, "I thought I would be so lonely here." Louis shrugged and smiled at me.
I looked in front of me and saw some people in a huddle. They were totally engrossed in their own little worlds. Louis whistled using his fingers and I looked at him in admiration. How can he do that? I wish I could. Everyone looked at him, "Guys this is Ishita and she is new here."

"Hello love, I am Sherry Bates and welcome to group C. You guys can introduce yourselves and then we will play the hesitation game. Divide yourselves please," Sherry looked at me again, "Ishita if you wish, you can stay partnered with Louis. He is a nice lad."
I smiled and nodded at her,
appreciating her kindness.

"So what are you in for?" Louis asked from beside me. I hesitated a little, "I was sexually assaulted." Louis nodded sympathetically. All the members were quietly listening to our conversation, much ahead of my comfort zone.

I looked at them with a slight smile, "I don't need sympathy."

"What about you?" I asked turning to Louis after everyone began minding their own business.
"What about me?"
"What are you in for?"
"Oh right..., drugs."

~~

All of the members came up to me and introduced themselves. Amy was a little too rude but I didn't pay much attention to her.

I turned to Louis, "So how do we play this?"

"I ask you some questions and you ask me some questions. Sherry suggested not to ask too candid questions but we all usually ignore that warning," Louis said like it's a no biggie.

I cringed, "What if I want people to respect my privacy?"
"Well we will try to," Louis said, "At least I will."

I looked down to hide the wanton blood rushing to my cheeks. Louis is so nice.
"You are beautiful you know?"