Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I knew when I was being ignored. Joel must've spread the word because now no one was talking to me. No one but Isaac that is. Isaac surprisingly was super supportive throughout the whole thing. We never spoke about it, but he was the only one that still talked to me, still hung out with me.

Even the Woodmont students wouldn't talk to me, they said I "Betrayed them by bringing Joel to their sacred place".

I knew when I was wrong, and now was time for some serious damage control. Isaac told me to give them time to blow off steam, but it had been a week. Time over.

At lunch the table was buzzing in some discussion about an English project. Of course, I wasn't included, and probably wouldn't even be sitting at the table if it weren't for Isaac.

"I mean, has anyone actually finished it? It's impossible!" Daisy complained.

"I finished," I said weakly.

The table simultaneously glared at me before pretending like they hadn't heard. This was what it was like whenever I tried to speak.

"Oh really? How long did it take you?" Isaac tried to help me out.

"Well, I mean I started it a long time ago, and just did a bit each day, plus I asked my dad-"

"So guys, want to go to the mall this weekend?" Brooke interrupted me.

"Sure, it'll be a great time for REAL friends to bond," Daisy looked straight at me when she said real friends. I lowered my gaze to the sandwich in front of me.

Suddenly Isaac slammed his tray down on the table hard and stood up. Everyone looked at him questioningly.

"I'm so sick of this, can't you tell she's sorry? It was stupid fliers in a hallway, get over it!" he exploded. My heart felt warm that he was standing up for me.

"It's more than that, we trusted her, we thought we were friends!" Chris argued.

"We are!" I piped up.

"Really? Because at Filmore, friends don't go behind friends backs," Chris shot at me.

"I'm really sorry," I tried.

"Yeah, well," he said before standing up. I would've expected that from Joel, or Zack, or Daisy, or even Brooke, but not Chris. Chris was the funny one, yet he couldn't have sounded more serious.

"You guys are being so immature," Isaac huffed. I looked at Issac, pathetically. I touched his hand reassuringly.

"It's okay Issac."

He looked at me with conflict in his eyes. He opened his mouth to say something but the bell interrupted him.

I scrambled to my next class quickly but Isaac ran after me. I would've gotten away too if it weren't for that slow kid in front of me in the hallway. Meddling kids...

Isaac grabbed onto my shoulder gently and spun me around. I looked at him sheepishly, "Oh, it's you, hi."

He rolled his eyes at me, "We need to talk," he said seriously.

"Isaac..." I trailed off.

"Yes?" he looked nervous and confused. I didn't really know why. I didn't want him to push me to make up with my friends though. I was starting to think it would never happen.

"Let's not talk about what happened at lunch okay? I just want to forget about it."

He looked at me skeptically, "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Yeah, if that's what you want."

I beamed at him, "Great! So what did you want to talk about?"