Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Hurry up!" I hissed as I glanced at my watch  nervously.

"I'm almost done! I want to get this exactly right!" Noah replied.

"We're going to get caught," I warned him.

"Trust me, it's worth it," Noah said with a grin.

"This was an awesome idea, if I do say so myself."

"There, done! Let's go!" Noah said.

We ran quickly to Noah's car that was parked a few blocks away, laughing as we ran.

When we reached Noah's car we relaxed and let ourselves take pride in our latest masterpiece. We had plenty of good pranks before, but this one had to be in the top 5.

"I love my evil brain," I sighed.

"I do too, it's so entertaining," Noah agreed. Noah had been my best friend ever since I had started high school at Woodmont. We immediately bonded after sharing one vital thing in common, we hated everyone who went to Filmore High School. Actually, everyone at our school hates the Filmore Falcons. However, only a brave few of us had the guts to do something about it.

I don't really know how Woodmont's rivalry with Filmore started, just that it was common knowledge to hate them. The rivalry between the schools has been around for a long time, and our generation was no different. I guess one reason could be because the schools are right down the road from each other, or that they are tied for the best football team in our state, or maybe even just because everyone from Filmore seemed too cocky.

Noah had driven up to my driveway and I hopped out.

"See ya tomorrow, Noah," I called as I walked to my front door.

He nodded at me and drove to his house which was only a few streets away. Another reason we were such good friends.

I patted myself down for my keys but found nothing. Aw crap, I had no way of getting into the house without my parents knowing.

I sighed and knocked on the door and waited for the rage that was about to be directed at me.

Soon enough my bleary-eyed parents came downstairs in their robes and pajamas and opened the door for me.

"Payton Elizabeth Hoffman, what are you doing out at 3 o' clock in the morning?"

"Well, you see, I um, went for a walk," I lied.

My dad's eyes narrowed, "A walk? At 3 o' clock in the morning? In black clothes?"

"Yep," I said.

"Payton Elizabeth Hoffman, I am your mother and I know when you're lying," my mom said sternly.

"Mom, do you have any proof that I didn't go on a walk?" I asked her.

"Well, no," she said.

"Then aren't I innocent until proven guilty?"

"I guess that's true," my dad said thoughtfully.

"Well until you have some solid proof, I'm going to bed," I said.

Both of my parents sighed, "Fine, but we are not done talking about this," my mom warned. 

"Of course not," I said sarcastically as I walked up the stairs into my room. I got in trouble with my parents on a weekly basis, so this wasn't anything new. My parents didn't really know what to do with me anymore. They thought I was going through a "phase" and it was best to let me grow out of it on my own. Right.