Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I was officially a loner at school. I was more ignored than the band geeks, science club, and even the Star Wars reenactment club.

There was a silent rule at Filmore "No one talks to Payton unless they are insulting her."

Which was fine because I could take it as much as I could dish it out. Isaac and I weren't really friends, sitting at his lunch table was kind of a one time thing, we still talked sometimes but rarely. I think it was because the other kids at the school told Isaac to stop hanging around me.

I'll admit i'm disappointed because I thought Isaac was better than that, but whatever.

Right now we were in the middle of another great prank, and by we I meant Emma, Noah, Lee, Aimee, and I.

This was Emma's revenge against Joel for throwing paint at me. I guess Joel wasn't the only one who did it, but he was the easiest and most fun to target.

Emma was disappointed that she wouldn't get to see the outcome of the prank, but I promised I would give her a full report, since it was her idea.

The bell rung for lunch and I could see Joel making his way to his locker. Yes, everything was going exactly to plan.

I felt like one of those evil villains in the movies that were short and had curly mustaches. Mwahahaha.

Joel opened his locker, which he never locked, a very stupid idea of his. Right, like I was saying he opened his locker, and a flow of tampons flooded out. I giggled at my own smart word choice.

Everyone in the hallway turned to look at him and they all burst out laughing.

"Is that yours Joel?"

"Is it your time of the month?"

"Joel, do your tampons match your skirt?"

Joel turned bright red and slammed his locker closed.

"Where is she?" he demanded to know.

"Oh you mean moi?" I appeared.

"What is this?!" he said holding up one of the tampons before dropping it in disgust.

"Well Joel, this is a tampon," I said slowly, like I was a sex ed teacher.

"You do realize that you will lose right?" he threatened.

"Bring it," I smirked.

***

"Why are you two in my office again?"

Our "war" has definitely been intense. Over the course of a week all I thought about was how to get Joel, what could I do to Joel, when would Joel prank me next.

I would say we were evenly matched. Every time I pranked him he had an equally good prank waiting for me, and vice versa.

Did we take things too far with the food fight? Maybe. You know, in movies and books, they always make food fights seem like a lot of fun. They aren't. It's messy, chaotic, and a bitch to clean out of your clothes. Don't try it.

"He forced me to," I pointed at Joel.

"Everything is her fault."

"He's a meanie face."

"She's a conniving bitch."

"Language!" the principal commanded.

"Look you two, I know you don't get a long." Understatement of the century.

"Duh," Joel said.

"So, i'm recommending you two to peer mediation."

"WHAT?!" Joel and I said at the same time.