"We better get going. Everyone is waiting." An assuring smile came to her face, and I followed her down to the main hall.

It felt like the night of my introduction. The memories of that day came back to me. Part of me wished that Alec was there beside me...

Irina went in before me and told me to wait outside of the immense doors. I let out a deep sigh and faced the wooden doors. I was told to walk in alone. And every single Vampire was going to be watching me.

I heard Dimitri's voice muffled slightly behind the doors although it was loud and clear.

"Thank you everyone for coming from all nations to celebrate with us tonight the turning of my heir's Mortal Bride. Please, let us stand for the procession." Dimitri's voice boomed over the hall of Vampires, although they could hear him just fine. He sounded proper, like a true King. I wondered if that's how Alec would be one day.

The doors opened and everyone faced me. A symphony played as my train of glittering jewels followed behind me like a sea of diamonds. I swallowed hard, trying not to quiver under the critical gaze of the entirety of the Vampire race.

I stood tall, my heels clicking against the floor like a clatter of thunder in the symphony of instruments. I held my gaze on Alec. I swallowed hard, seeing him there at the end of the aisle, dressed in his tux. I gave him a light smile and couldn't help but feel a blush rise to my face as he raked his eyes over my body.

I could see Dimitri standing at the head of the hall like a minister would at a wedding. Now I could see the resemblance of this ceremony and a wedding. Part of me wished I didn't have to lose my humanity. If it came done to it, I'd much rather be arranged married to the Vampire I was already falling for.

I approached them and Alec smiled at me. I held up my hand and he took it properly, helping me up the two stairs up to the pedestal. I blushed harder as his hand left mine and rested on the small of my back. Although they told me I would be bound to Alec after I was turned and felt the Soulmate bond, part of me wondered if I already was.

Alec's P•O•V

Raven was gorgeous. Seeing her standing in the doors and catching the gaze of over a thousand people made me realize the seriously enchanting woman was truly mine. And to be honest, that's all I ever wanted her to be.

Her heart may be getting accustomed to falling for a man like me, but my own was drenched in pure admiration since the first moment I saw her. She wouldn't understand that feeling until tonight, and I couldn't possibly bear to wait for her to feel the same as I had for the past two months.

She approached me and I held her hand as she stepped up to the pedestal. Her heels made her slightly taller, although I would always tower over her. I held the small of her back, lightly feeling the curve of her spine.

"Please sit." My father called over the people as the symphony ended with a shrill note. Everyone sat and watched. I dropped my hand forcibly from her body, ripping away from the heat coming from her skin underneath that thin dress of jewels.

I cleared my throat and held my hands to myself even though that dress admittedly could drive any man wild.

"Today we are here to institute the turning of Raven Selene Carmichael by the bite of my son, your next King, Alec Dimitri Morgenstern." He announced. I glanced at Raven from the corner of my eye and saw her standing confident and courageous. Seeing her like that still sparked my undeniable attraction to her. I could feel it fill me.

"Please bow your heads." My father murmured to Raven and I. We did as he said. He placed his hand on my right shoulder and the other on her left shoulder.