Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

Eleven bolted upright. She was dazed from the night's sleep. The small girl let her feet touch the ground in a dash. Where was she? She didn't remember how she gotten to this foreign room.

The room had wood board walls with a small desk that was cluttered with papers, beer cans, and a picture laid on the desk with a man who Eleven recognized as Hopper, a woman, and a small girl that looked younger than her. Her toes wiggles as she felt the soft brown carpet between them. Eleven's hands held onto the king size bed’s black sheets. With her nose, Eleven sniffed the area, it smelled musky and a hint of food.

Suddenly, finding her bravery, Eleven headed to the wooden door. Her small hand gripped the cold bronze door knob. She slowly turned it peaking her shaved hair out the door. She saw a small hallway which held two more doors and an opening. Eleven decided to try the doors first. Awareness to her surroundings was how Eleven survived all ten years of her life.

Behind the first door she saw another bedroom. It was stacked full of other furniture and boxes. The room was now turned into a storage room. Eleven noticed dust clinged to the furniture. This made her determined that the outside world was dirtier than the lab.

Shutting the door after realizing this wasn't the way to the Chief, she shut the door. Trying the next door that was beside the room, she revealed a bathroom. The porcelain toilet lid was up, the toilet paper roll held barely any left, the floor could use a mop and the sink held opened toothpaste, a razor, and a brush. Cringing, Eleven​ shut the door fast.

“Looking for something?”

A squeak left Eleven's mouth. Hopper was standing at the end of the hall. His arms were crossed over his chest. He had on a white tank top and a pair of black pants. Hopper noticed Eleven's discomfort from being scared and sighed.

“Come on, kid, breakfast.”

Eleven cocked her head slightly. She was confused by such a foreign word. This was something Hopper picked up on. He started to question more and more about the young girl.

“Breakfast, you know, food.”

Eleven nodded her at that. She knew what food was. She ate a lot last night though, were they going to treat her twice?

Hopper led the child down the hall and into the kitchen he helped her sit into the bar stool. One thing he noticed immediately was she was entirely too light for her age. Possible half of the kids her age. Hopper frowned at that. He put the plate that was full of toast, eggs, and bacon.

“Eat up.”

Eleven didn't have to be told twice. She started shoving all the food in her mouth. Suddenly, she stopped. Eleven discovered the mushy yellow and white stuff was not good at all. Was Hopper playing a cruel joke and giving her bad food? This made Eleven feel queasy.

“Don't like the eggs? That's okay, just eat the bacon and toast. Okay?”

Hopper said as soon as he noticed the girl stopped eating. Eleven nodded and ate the toast and bacon slowly.

“Listen, kid, I have to go into work. I have a friend who should be in a few minutes. She has a son around your age and one a little older. They are at school, so you don't have to worry about that. Okay?”

Just as Hopper finished explaining that there was a knock on the door. Hopper got up to answer it leaving Eleven to absorb the thought of what he said. She wondered who the friend could be.

A/N: maybe some Mileven soon????