"What's this for?" he asked.

"It's an earpiece. Go put it on and then go to the east side water fountain and wait. I'm bringing Osano there. So you guys can talk."

"What? No, no, I can't! I'll embarrass myself and he'll think I'm a freak and never want to talk to me again. Plus I wouldn't even know what to say!"

"Don't worry," Taro reassured, "I have headphones that I can tell you what to say and what to do. I'll hide behind the tree."

"I don't know..."

Taro puts a hand on Hiroshi's shoulder. "Don't worry, it's gonna be fine."

"W-why do you want Osano-kun and I to be together? I'm a year younger than him, anyway. And how do you know he even likes me? Even just the slightest bit?"

Taro's heart sped up. For a moment he thought Hiroshi knew everything about him and his plans.

"I-I've seen the way he looks at you."

"Well, he looks at Ayano like that, too."

"Hiroshi, please do this."

"Oh, fine. But I'm only doing this because you found my sister's book."

After he gets it put on, Taro says, "Okay, now go outside to fountain. I'll find Osano and bring him there, okay?""

Hiroshi nods and leaves the library.

Taro searches the school looking for Osano, hoping that he was still at school. And he was, just with Ayano, like always.

Once he got there, Ayano excused herself to go to the restroom, leaving Osano all alone, defenceless.

Plans of torture and murder rushed through Taro's head. Him, just all alone and defenceless.

Those plans got pushed back to Taro's mind when Osano turned around and found Taro walking to him.

"Oh, hey Taro. What're you doing?"

"Well, um, someone wanted me to tell you to meet them at the east side water fountain. They're already there."

"Someone's waiting for me? Why? Who is it?"

Taro shrugged. "I don't know, and you'll have to find out for yourself. They said they just wanted to talk."

Osano nods slowly. "Tell them to wait a couple more minutes. I have to tell Ayano where I'm going."

Did they always need to tell each other where they were going and everything? Can't they just text? thought Taro as he ran outside.

"Is Osano coming?" inquired Hiroshi, looking around.

"Yeah but wait a couple more minutes." Taro picked off a rose and gave it to Hiroshi. "Give this to Osano. He said he'd like someone to give him a rose."

He takes the rose from Taro and sits down on the bench.

"Now, I'll hide behind this tree and tell you what to do, okay?"

Hiroshi nods. "Okay."

He gets behind the tree just as Osano comes outside.

Osano looked over at the water fountain, and then at Hiroshi, their eyes meeting. Osano blushes. Hiroshi stands up, waves, and smiles to Osano.

Osano walked over to him.

"Hey."

"What do you want? I don't have much time," he grumbled.

Hiroshi looks hurt by this for a second but regains his composure. "I just wanted to talk."

"About what?"