1) Is Blood Really Thicker?

~Kisa's Pov~

"Kisa, it's not that bad."

"Mom, why couldn't I just live with dad?" I see her flinch a bit as I mention him. She glances at me from the corner of her eye.

"We both know why that isn't possible. Now just think, new town, new house. A whole new life."

"I liked our old town. Old house and our old lives better." She sighs and drives up to the curb of the new house. "I'll stay in the car."

"Kisa, get out of the car." I roll my eyes and slam the door shut behind me. The retailer woman gives both of us a bright smile.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Patterson."

"Please Janet, call me Violet. And this is my daughter, Kisa." I give a nod and look at the house.

Only my mom would pick a creepy looking place like this. "Well, Violet. Lets go and check out the house. Kisa, I hope you'll approve of this place."

"We'll see." Janet leads us into the house and I follow her along with mom inside.

The first thing I notice is the staircase. It's curved in a way that didn't make sense. "What's wrong with the stair case?" I ask. Janet gives me a funny look. "That piece was added to the house in 1979. The owner at the time was an artist way before her time. Now if you two ladies will follow me, I would like to show you the kitchen..."

As her and mom walk off I look at the staircase a little closer. The way it was built looks like she was crazy or something. One of the stairs are in a jagged position. "Kisa?" My mom calls from the kitchen. "Coming..." I walk off and feel a chill as I pass by the open door to the basement.

I've seen plenty of movies and shows to know not to fuck with the basement. I power walk to the kitchen and see Janet showing my mom the back patio.

"Get out..."

A dark whisper echoes in my ear. I turn around and see no one was there. "Kisa, come here. You've got to look at this view." I shake out of it and walk out onto the patio.

"What do you think?" Janet asks me with her faker than fake Colgate smile. I look off and see the skyline. This actually looked...pretty.

"Nice, but what about the rest of the house?" Mom pinches the side of my arm and I yelp. "Lets continue the tour then, shall we?"

As soon as my mom walks in front of me I flip her off and hear a hearty chuckle. Maybe that was in my head?

I follow the two ladies and we look at the entire house. I do however choose to stand on the porch when they go in the basement.

As I stand on the porch I see a guy with sun kiss blonde hair driving with a red head in the passenger seat. He glances over at me but continues to drive.

Great another town with cocky guys. I roll my eyes and hear my mom giggling with Janet. "So Violet what do you think?"

"I love it. When can we move in?" I turn to her with a look of disgust. "You're seriously thinking about buying this little house of horrors?"

"Janet, let me just have a little talk with my daughter." She nods and mom takes me to the side of the house. "I know you want to live back in Chicago with all of your old friends. And be near your father but this place is so much more in the budget."

I nod and walk up the porch right to Janet. "Janet, can I ask you something?"

"Why yes anything."

"Has anyone ever died in this house?" Her smile had faltered for a moment. "There has been, a few incidents in the house, yes."

"But did anyone die in this house? I mean that would explain why this house is so inexpensive." She looked as if she wanted to snap me in two. "Yes, a couple had died here two years ago and a few other past residents have mysteriously disappeared."