Under Estimated

Amber

Well Sheikh what's his name did get it wrong about one thing I didn't get a phone call from any government agency, demanding I go and work for him, I did however get a visit from two clones.

Just as I had finished tidying away the clutter that somehow had managed to accumulate in my bedroom, that is the clothes I had left lying around because I found it easier to step over them than spend time picking them up, but sooner or later the pile got to big so I had a set to and put everything away, as mess was another pet hate of my brothers.

There was a knock on the door and there stood these two guys who immediately had me thinking 'The Blues Brothers'

"Yes" I enquired peering through the small gap the security chain afforded me.

"Miss Mckenna, Miss Amber Mckenna?" The gruff voice of the slightly smaller guy asked.

"Maybe, depends who's asking" putting my foot against the door ready to slam it shut if they tried to force it.

With well practiced moves the two beefcakes pulled out and flipped open small leather wallets displaying their identities, then the guy on the right the slightly taller one decided he needed to elaborate on.

"Agent Steele and agent Copper from PSG" he indicated who was who with his left hand.

"PSG?" I couldn't help but blurt out. "Never heard of them, hey! hang on aren't they a French soccer team"

"No not French anything and you wouldn't have heard of us, we are not in the public eye usually, may we come in or.."

He left the rest of the sentence hanging, but I got his meaning, so wanting to keep my door on its hinges, I sighed and shut the door, released the chain and let them enter.

They casually walked into my brothers small humble abode glancing around again with well trained moves just in case I had a psychotic killer hidden in the bookcase.

"Well." I questioned standing in the lounge doorway with my arms folded watching as they continued to assess the danger my lounge presented them.

"You're safe I've given the terrorists the day off, so please tell me why you are here"

"As we said, we are with the PSG and are here at the express wishes of the President" I think it was Steele that spoke.

"President, what the President of the golf club, asking me to renew my membership, no wait I've got it president of the Dodgers wanting me to play for the team, no I'm to good for them, so it must be the President of MIB" I was waffling, but hey I was happy, sort of.

"No Miss McKenna the President of the United States"

"Haha, that's a good one I hadn't thought of that one" I chuckled perhaps they had a sense of humour after all.

Except they didn't laugh or smile, just stood there with blank expressions on their faces.

They turned to stare at me one either side of the room causing me to move my head back and forth to keep an eye on them both.

"Well we are here on a matter of the upmost importance and urgency and this matter concerns you" the shorter one who I think was the one called Copper.

"Figures" I muttered under my breath.

"You see" he continued completely ignoring my jibe.

"We understand that you and Sheikh Kalib Amil Mohammed are well acquainted with each other." He probed.

"If you mean have I met the egotistical Jerk, who thinks he can control my life with threats and intimidation then yes we've met"

"Good, you see we, that is the U.S government would really like you to take up his highness's generous offer of working for him in the capacity of his personal assistant"