5

Alice couldn't stand her when she acted that way.
But even her, who for several years refused to own a smartphone, when one of her boyfriends gave her an iPhone, she started turning, day by day, in a very disturbing way: the first step was to get a Facebook account, "because come on, everybody has one nowadays, and yeah, you were right, I can't do without it"... In a few months she reached the point where she was compulsively checking Instagram, getting a Snapchat account, just to know how it worked, changing the Whatsapp status every two days, and finally, she was tagging in her posts every celebrity she was following, commenting everyone with floods of hearts, kisses and crying laughing emojis, as if she had been friend with them for ages.
But the most strange thing is that, in a certain way, everything seemed to work: not only a lot of people were answering, but her followers slowly started to increase, and once reached the marvelous amount of 500, she was so pumped up she convinced herself of being kind of a celebrity.
"Come on, let's take a picture together!"
Please, no, not the selfie now!
"Look at yourself, you look amazing!"
"If you say so..."
I only see my imperfections, and the thought that all of your contacts will see this photo is sickening, but it's easier to please you than explain you that...
"Wow Ali, you're beautiful with this haircut, look at the dark circles under my eyes instead! A few more hours of sleep would have helped..."
"You look fine, I promise, but please, be quick, you know I'm in a hurry."
"What a nice furry jacket, isn't it? So warm! I was so cold before, with that coat... Hey! maybe you can still see the price tag! Should I hide it better?"
"No, you can't see it, don't worry."
And, by the way, that coat couldn't be uglier than that, trust me!
"Be careful, include the tree too!"
It would have been impossible for Alice not to include the Christmas tree in the picture, it was huge, tall and decorated with hundreds of little shiny lights: so beautiful and majestic that it was making Vittorio Emanuele Gallery, who connects the Duomo to Piazza della Scala, even more elegant, under the light filtered by the ancient windows who surround some of the most exclusive stores in Milan.

"And, by the way, that coat couldn't be uglier than that, trust me!"Be careful, include the tree too!"It would have been impossible for Alice not to include the Christmas tree in the picture, it was huge, tall and decorated with hundreds of little...

*********
Hey squad! So, meet Alice! Chiara will be very important for her life... just wait and see! :) Meanwhile, I really hope you like this chapter. Please, feel free to vote and comment.