A New Beginning [Ch1, P2]

Start from the beginning

Junior who has pinned me down and is lying on top of me runs his hand down my side and into my skirt pocket. He grabs my keys and throws them to Chad. Chad catches the keys, opens the door and carries Ellie 'over the threshold' and dumps Ellie and their bags in the lounge room. Once the other two are inside Junior brushes my hair off my face and kisses me.

"You remember what next weeks is right?"

Our one year!

"Um ..." I say, smiling. I push Junior off me and lie on top of him with my head on his chest, "What?"

"Our one year," he plays with my hair. My weight not affecting his muscular body in slightest.

"Oh, that," I say pushing my hands along his chest, across his shoulders, up his neck and into his sandy blonde hair. I bring my lips to his and he kisses me back.

"Would you guys like some privacy?" Chad asks from the front door.

I roll of Junior and onto the hard brown grass. Everything has been affected by the drought. Junior stands and puts his bag over his shoulder, throws my bags at Chad and scoops me up off the grass.

Junior puts me down when we are through the door. Our bags join Ellie and Chad's on the lounge room floor. The boys take their place in front of the PlayStation. Junior has started bringing over his own games, ones he knows he can beat me at. I leave the boys to their game and go and find Ellie in the kitchen. I love that she knows where everything is in my house. I find her with four glass of Fanta and a bowl of Salt 'n' Vinegar Chips. Ellie hands me two glasses and the two of us take the chips and the drinks into the lounge room where the boys are smashing the PlayStation controllers. They pause the game momentarily to down their drinks and shove a handful of chips into their mouths. They resume the game just as the phone rings. I grab the cordless from the desk.

"Hello Jayleigh speaking,"

"Hi, Jay its Dianna Patterson, I'm guessing from the background noise that Junior is at your place"

"Yeah, he's here. Would you like to talk to him?"

"Uh no it's alright. I just want him to take Oscar for a walk. Oh, and is it ok for you two to babysit Tom tonight? I should be home at eleven thirty"

"Yeah that's fine Dianna, we'll see you later"

"Thanks Jay see you then"

We hang up and I sit next to Ellie on the lounge.

"Was that my mum?" Junior asks as he pauses the game.

"Yep, she wants you to take Oscar for a walk."

"Chad we should probably go and Jay, you should take Bella for a walk." Ellie says as she takes two of the glasses and the half eaten bowl of chips back to the kitchen. Chad grabs their bags and follows Ellie to the kitchen with the other two glasses.

The two re-emerge holding hands.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow," Chad says as he and Ellie walk back to Ellie's house.

It isn't long before Junior, Bella and myself are heading to collect Oscar. Junior has only seconds to put the lead around Oscar's neck before he and Bella are chasing each other to the dog park. Oscar and Bella's chasing game continues for about half an hour in the park before being interrupted by a boy and girl throwing a football back and forth to each other. The two run straight past Junior and I and right through the middle of Oscar and Bella. Bella begins to chase after the pair closely followed by Oscar. The two notice the dogs chasing them and turn to face us.

I call Oscar and Bella over to where Junior and I are sitting and put their leads on. I stand and notice that the boy and girl are walking over to us.

"Oi mate you dogs should be on a lead in the park," the boy says to Junior.

"Ah it's a dog park" Junior replies standing in front of me as though to block me from the newcomer.

"Matt, forget it he's right it is a dog park," says the girl. She turns to Junior, "Hi I'm Katie and this Matt. We just moved into Amelia Avenue"

"I'm Jay," I say taking my chance to block Junior from the female newcomer, "This is Junior, Oscar and Bella. We live in Charlotte Place"

'Katie' looks straight passed me to Junior.

"Well I guess we'll be seeing you around then. We're going to Rosewood High. Grade Eleven." she says.

"Cool. We're in grade twelve there" Junior says smiling.

I hand Junior Oscar's lead. "C'mon babe we better go"

"Yeah, ok. We...uh...see you round"

"Oh, ok." Katie says as Junior and I lead Bella and Oscar home. As we walk Junior puts his arm around my shoulders.

"Oh by the way I told your mum we'd babysit Tom tonight"

"You what?"

"C'mon means we get to spend time together"

"Yeah but with my little bro?"

"Look it is five thirty now you go and put Oscar in the yard and I'll do the same with Bella. I'll tell mum and dad where I'm going and be back to yours by quarter to six"

On my way home I think of how relaxed my parents are. Two years ago mum and dad having been party animals in their youth wanted me to go out and have a good time. So now they let me go to Junior's when ever and he can come over when ever. Ellie parents are heaps stricter with her and Chad. There aren't too many teenagers who'd say this but, my parents are the best!

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment!