Chapter 14 - Rival?!

Start from the beginning

Nanami sat down and stuffed her face between her knees and started crying out loud.

"Kei..I'm so sorry..." She said in between her tears.

I wanted to go over and hug her but...I didn't have the courage...

I've reached the last page of the photo album. I closed the album as I lean my back against the chair. I sighed. That was overwhelming..now I get why from the start, Nanami tried to follow me but she didn't dare to say a single thing.

-Nanami's POV-

The summer break passed by just like that. I didn't get to see Kei at all ever since the summer festival, not that I have the guts to actually do that. Hopefully he has forgotten about the kiss or it would be even better if it was just a dream. Well..till now, I don't know the truth.

It's time for school.

Going back to school after a break is the most dreadful thing ever.

I stretched my arms as I entered the class.

"Yo!" Miki-chan smacked my back.

"Ouch! Be gentle, Miki-chan!"

"How was your break?"

"Why don't you tell me about yours first?" I said as I placed my bag on the hook beside my table.

And so, we told each other everything that happened during our summer break. Mine was pretty boring and the usual kind of break anyone would have (other than the summer festival I guess). Miki-chan's break was filled with activities with her boyfriend as expected.

I'm glad I didn't get to see Kei for the entire day during school hours. Although...I do miss him but no...I have no idea how am I going to face him. I'm actually kind of scared that Kei might have forgotten about me again since it's been long since we last saw each other...

The school has announced the annual school trip and I was (unwillingly) tasked to be in charge of planning the trip for my class with my classmate, Ichinose-kun. I fear lucky draws because I'm always the one getting it when it comes to things like this.

And...I have to stay back in school because of this project. I'm so tired and I just want to roll on my bed.

I walked in to the meeting room with Ichinose-kun.

"Yabai..." I muttered.

Apparently, Kei is also in charge of the planning for his class.

I awkwardly looked down and avoided him when I walked pass him. Luckily, my seat was a little further away from his and I didn't have to face him all the time.

"Nanami-chan? Are you okay?" Ichinose-kun asked.

"Oh yeah. I'm fine." I smiled pleasantly.

"Students, please discuss your ideas with your partners and make sure the plan is detailed."

"Hai~" Everyone said in unison.

-Kei's POV-

Eh..she's also here but she seems to be avoiding me. I wonder if it's because of the kiss..I don't really know what should I do about it...there's this form of awkwardness between us currently..

"Inoo-chan, what's up with you?" Dai-chan asked. Dai-chan volunteered to be part of the planning team and he dragged me in.

"Oh, it's nothing! So yeah, what's your idea?" I patted him on the back.