Science! - Chapter 5

"Is that a challenge?" You turned to Rick and smiled.

Rick snorted.

"You want to be as smart as me?" He muttered in disbelief.

"Well I will never be that smart," You pointed out casually, "But maybe you could teach me some things?"

"One step at a time." Rick groaned, "You have taken over my garage, now you want to know about all there is to know?"

"Yup." You grinned.

"I'm busy at the moment (Name)." Rick sighed, "But if you want you can do some easy homework."

You knew very well you hated homework, but this was different, it was about something you were interested in.

"Yeah sure." You nodded.

"Write the formula for each of these." Rick said jotting down messy notes that read Potassium Nitrate, Sulfur and Charcoal. "And write the chemical formula."

You nodded and took the sheet and pen he handed to you, you weren't the best at chemistry but you had to figure this out.

"Thanks Rick."

"Have -urrp-  fun." Rick mumbled distractedly.

You rushed out of the garage and into the Smith house.

"Have you got any chemistry books?" You blurted out excited to start the 'homework'. You really wanted to prove Rick that you were determined to learn.

Beth blinked in surprise.

"I'm sure Morty has a few school text books about Science." Beth offered, "You should go ask, he is in his room again, its upstairs."

You walked to the room you presumed was Morty's and knocked. It wasn't long before the door opened and Morty peeped out.

"Oh hey (Name)." He yawned, "Whats up?"

"Do you have any Science books?" You asked.

"Uh yeah, come in." Morty blinked. "They are from school."

Morty rummaged through his stuff and pulled out a giant text book.

"Here, I don't get any of the stuff in it." Morty stated, "Have fun."

"Thanks Morty." You said taking the giant book and leaving the room.

You struggled to hold it with your crutches but you managed and you soon made your way to the couch. Jerry was the only one there and was watching TV, he looked over to you as you sat down.

"What's the book for?" He asked inquisitively.

"Science!" You smiled opening it.

"Oh you're into science?" Jerry sighed. "Seems to be a common thing."

You shrugged looking in the chemistry section of the book. There was a huge list of valencies, and just about all you needed to know to figure out the homework. You smiled.

------Timeskip till after research -------

"Potassium nitrate.... KNO3..." You murmured under your breath and you wrote down the answers. "Wait the reaction of these chemicals is explosive, this is the chemical formula for gunpowder!" You grinned. The aliens and guns... maybe Rick's homework wasn't so off-topic after all.

( Many thanks to a person called Dat-Rockstar-Gal for your positive comment on my story!! It really made me motivated to write this chapter. Thank you <3 )