Smith Family - Chapter 3

Rick helped you out the garage and into the house, he was being nice to you recently and it made you feel better. You didn't want to think about your parents, you knew you would get upset and you didn't want to start crying in front of everyone. As Rick lead you into the living room and everyone's eyes moved onto you, you felt extremely uncomfortable and let out a small awkward wave.

"Who is that?" A man asked.

"Oh god!" A woman got up from the couch and rushed towards you. "She looks hurt!"

"Calm down Beth," Rick muttered, "She's fine, Morty and I found her."

"Where are her parents?" Beth looked at you with a concerned expression.

"Dead probably." Rick stated.

The words stung. You knew that was most likely truth, but you didn't want to believe it, you didn't want to think about it. You looked at the ground, upset.

"What?!" Beth gasped.

"Yeah, aliens were shooting everywhere so we brought her here." Rick said moving your arm from his shoulder slowly.

"Well she needs to stay here now." Beth said firmly.

"What?" The other man and Rick said in sync.

"Where else is she going to go?" Beth pointed out. "Come here sweetie." She said in a sweeter tone to you, she reached out her hand for you to hold. Rick let go and Beth helped you walk to the couch. "Sit here honey." She said.

"Thanks." You mumble and smile.

"O-M-G." A teenage girl with a pink top said as she walked into the living room. "Who is that."

Rick groaned, annoyed he had to explain it all over again.

"Random girl I saved, she lives here now apparently, so deal with it." Rick quickly wrapped up the whole story.

"Oh, wow..." The teenager blinked.

"Where's Morty?" I asked curiously.

"In his room." Beth replied. "I'll go get him, I must introduce you to everyone."

You were about to mention you had already met Morty but you let it go, you wanted to see him anyway.

A few minutes later Morty appeared, Beth right behind him.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked, sitting down next to you on the couch.

"Better." You admitted.

"Have you two met?" Beth queried.

"Yeah, Morty helped me get away from the aliens." You nodded.

"I'm glad Rick let you come with us, looks like he patched you up good too." Morty noticed your bandages.

"What is your name honey?" Beth asked. Rick and Morty looked at each other in realization as they didn't even ask for your name.

"My name is (Name)."

"Well (Name), this is Jerry my husband." Beth gestured to man that was also on the couch.

"He's a real idiot." Rick grunted.

You let out a little chuckle and Jerry frowned.

"This is Summer, my daughter." Beth gestured to the teenage girl, "And you already know my son Morty and my father Rick."

You nodded and let out a smile.

"It's really nice to meet you." You say, happy to have such a nice family take you in.

"Welcome to the Smith family (Name)." Beth smiled.