5.

Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme.

There was something drawing me back here, I know what I saw, or was my mind just playing silly tricks on me ?

Despite his efforts of explanation, I didn't believe with a single bone in my body that Hendricks pulled me out of the waters, I saw his clothes, he wasn't wet. But Hendricks wouldn't let me think otherwise.

He went off on how he saw me floating around the deep murky waters of the sea, the broken pieces of my boat just like the broken pieces of my heart, swimming around me. Sigh, that was the only other memorable thing my father left for me.

He went on to say that he dived in the waters, trying to pull me back to shore, but then why did I feel something different, something or someone with a different body than Hendricks.

A woman ? Yes. Now harry, why would a woman rescue you from the sea when she wouldn't even know you. I don't have an answer for that, but I can't forget the unmistakable glimpse of a figure besides the edge of a rock, trying not to be seen but also I guess, looking, at me. And Hendricks almost spotted it, until I diverted his attention by coughing out loudly as though as if I needed immediate medical attention, even though my lungs was just fine. Another strange thing.

I know what I saw wasn't a figment of my imagination.

Hendricks tried to persuade me to follow him home but the incident that just occurred earlier wouldn't leave my mind no matter what, so I declined him. Its for the best anyway, wouldn't want my mother worrying even more. 

Ah, yes, my beloved mother. She did put on a ruckus when I arrived home. I wouldn't blame her, everyone had received a warning about a possible storm but I just didn't have the heart to tell her, she wouldn't have allowed me to step out the door. But I guess that was my first mistake, that little fucker Timothy went and told her everything just a few minutes after I left.

I got back home an hour after the incident, I staggered around the sidewalks, staying lost in my thoughts. When I finally opened the doors, my mother jumped on me like a mother bear trying to protect her cub, she checked my body for any wounds and started her sob drama about how she thought I was dead. I put on the best tired face I could muster and headed to bed, deciding to listen to her nagging tomorrow. 

But one question haunted me the whole night, when my mother asks me tomorrow about who saved me from the raging sea that almost swallowed me whole, what do I tell her?

a/n: Guess who's back from the dead. This little mermaid is, and yes this story shall continue because I love it so much so I won't give up on it. I'll hopefully be updating a lot these days and I'm starting a new story as well. I would love for you to check that out as well. Comment and share your thoughts about this chapter and how I can improve it. x