1.

It's too cold outside.

"Mom, I'm home!" Harry opened the old creaky oak wood door to a small but dainty, comfortable cottage as the wind outside got stronger and louder, "I smelled wonderful things coming from the chimney."

"If your sense of smell is even strong enough anymore, since you've been working at that damned place I thought all you've learned to smell is the wind of the sea", Mrs. Anne wasn't one to curse but she couldn't help herself, as she laid the meal on the dinner table Harry gave her an odd look.

"Mom, please don't say that, it's not damned." Harry huffed, since he started working as a fisherman his mother never let him enjoy it, always making comments about it.

"Well ever since the day your father died there, that place has been damned for me. Why do you have to work there Harry ? Can't you find other eligible jobs that are not a risk to you?" Anne looked up to him with worried eyes, her tone softening but Harry's irritation didn't falter. She just doesn't understand.

"Ma, you know that I love my job and besides I've been learning how to do this ever since I was a child, dad has taught me everything there is to learn so why leave it for another job that I won't have any experience in?" Harry argues back, but in a more assuring way. But it seemed like Harry would have to try harder, since they bicker about this every single day.

"Don't get me wrong son, I'm just worried about you being out there all day. I'm always grateful that you're providing this family with whatever we need, just like your father did, but sometimes I can't help but stare at that door wondering if you'll never make it back home, because if something like what happened to your father happens to you, I-II won't know w-what t-to do" Anne said through her tears. Harry's face fell taking in her tears. He can't bear to see his mother cry

"Shhh ma, please don't cry. I promise you nothing like that will ever happen to me. I will always come back home, to you" Harry soothingly said as he embraced his mother while rubbing her back. "Though  there are times that I wished dad was still alive, to teach me certain things." Harry sighed as he let go.

"Like how to court a lady?", Harry was interrupted by his older sister, Gemma. 

Anne silently wiped her tears and smiled as she looked at both of them, eyes just like hers, but their other features were definitely their father's.

They were as close as siblings can be since they were only a few years apart. But different in a lot of ways. Gemma more open and confident when approached while Harry liked to keep to himself more, strong in his own way and annoyingly stubborn headed.

Harry blushed hard at his sister's teasing.

"You know thats not what I mean Gem, I meant about other things."

"Yeah, sure.. other things" Gemma murmured, "by the way mom I got the fruits, where should I put em'?" 

"Give them to me", Anne took the fruits from her hands as Gemma followed her mother to the kitchen while boisterously speaking about how the fruit seller wasn't having it when she asked for a bargain, leaving Harry to his own thoughts.

Harry really did wish his dad was still here to help him out on the rough waters and to finish his tales about the beautiful sea creatures, or as he used to call them, 'mermaids'.

a/n: Hello my beautiful people, I'm back, thank you so so much for reading this and voting and loving this book (do you? if you do pls comment, I really wanna know your thoughts and opinions lol) and omg I know I'm updating fucking late but y'know Christmas celebration and what not, and even new years is coming now which means another late update, again (hahahaha hopefully not ooops). And don't worry Harry and other POV's are coming soon in this story so just hold on (AYYYYYYYYYYYYY HAHAHAH THAT PUN THO sry I'm weird but THIS SONG IS LEGIT EVERYONES JAM DON'T EVEN LIE ABOUT IT) and wow this note is fucking long. again. x