chapter 10

Viktor held on tight to the smaller, skinnier boy, his arms protective around his back and his eyes feeling raw.

He had promised himself, promised that he wouldn't cry so hard to the point he was choking up in front of anyone. Not even when they were kids, not even once did Viktor cry in front of Yuuri.

   But now, here he was.

Letting his heart out. His emotions were overflowing.

"Viktor," Yuuri whispers, trying to pull away to look into his eyes only to have himself be pulled back in.

"No." Viktor sobs, clutching tight onto him. "Let's stay like this. Just a little longer."

"But Viktor-"

"Please." Viktor begs, resting a hand in the brown eyed boy's hair and holding him to his body. "Please."

Yuuri just sighs, interlocking his hands behind Viktor's waist and closing his eyes. He wasn't comfortable. He was warm, but not comfortable.

He blushes a bit, shifting around in his spot to try and adjust himself, but it wasn't working.

So finally, with a bright red face, he laid out across the couch and pulled Viktor down atop of him, the platinum haired boy harboring a blush over his cheeks as well but resting his head on Yuuri's shoulder nonetheless.

"S-Sorry, i-if you don't like it, we can move, I was just slightly uncomfortable an-"

"I like this." Viktor whispers, closing his eyes as his breathing settled down a bit. "A lot."

Yuuri's face explodes in red, his eyes growing wide as he rested an arm on Viktor's back, then closing his own eyes as he bite his lip.

The boys fell asleep like this, a slight, adorable snore escaping Viktor's chapped lips and his hand still rested in Yuuri's hair.

But what Yuuri didn't realize, was that Viktor had been waiting for this night to happen
His entire life.

**

*major time skip here guys loL*

<Two weeks later>

"Viktor, what do you want to eat?" Yuuri asks, his voice slightly shaky due to the cold his was just beginning to get over. He had been sick in bed for the past week, unable to do anything for himself or the latter and he wanted to let Viktor rest a bit. Although it had been a full two weeks since the incident between him and Viktor, Yuuri still got an awful feeling in his stomach every time he thought of the harsh state the older man was in.

   He was worried about him.

   "I can cook, Yuuri. You go lay down." Viktor responds, walking into the room and smiling softly at Yuuri.

   Viktor was aware of Yuuri's worried state.

   And he knew exactly why he was worried, too.

   But he didn't want him to be. He didn't want to seem weak, he didn't want to make his feelings any more obvious than they already were. He wanted to stay undercover, undiscovered and hidden.

   That's what he thought he wanted, at least.

   "Viktor, I-I'm fine, I'm doing b-better.." Yuuri sniffles, a few coughs escaping his throat as he turned away and covered his mouth with his arm.

   Viktor sighs, feeling bad about Yuuri's harsh state and not wanting him to feel any worse.

   "Yuuri, lay down." Viktor says.

   "Viktor-"

   Viktor simply walks forward, pushing Yuuri against the fridge and placing his hands on either side of his head.

   "Lay down."

   Yuuri stares at him, his heart rate picking up a bit due to the close proximity. He was so close, it was almost as if the younger boy could feel the body heat radiating off of him.

   Viktor's breathing becomes a bit more haste, his lip trembling as he tried his absolute hardest not to glance down at Yuuri's lip.

   But, whoops, it didn't work.

   Viktor's eyes avert down, noticing the way the boy's lips parted just the slightest bit, the way they glistened and how incredibly soft they looked. He just wanted to feel them, desiring to keep them all to himself but he couldn't, it was forbidden and he knew that.

   They couldn't be like that.

   Viktor hadn't noticed his breath becoming faster, his eyelids falling slightly and his stomach twisting until he saw Yuuri's lips move, and he noticed that they were definitely much closer than they had been just moments before.

   Viktor must've moved forward, and not even of realized it. He could simply pucker his lips right now and the would be touching.

   "Viktor," Yuuri whispers, his own eyes closing a bit due to the heat of the moment. He was confused, he had never thought of Viktor in a way of wanting to kiss him, hell, as far as he knew he didn't want to kiss him, but now, here he was, closing his eyes and preparing wholeheartedly for it to happen. "Vik-"

   "I'm sorry." Viktor whispers, his voice mostly monotone as he pushed himself away, taking his arms from beside Yuuri's head and standing still in front of him. He stared into a pair of entrancing chocolate irises, his mind swirling as he backed up.

   "V-"

   "I'm sorry," Viktor says again, beginning to walk towards the door. "I'm gonna go out and buy something to eat. You go lay down, please."

   "But Viktor-"

   Before he could finish his sentence, Viktor closed the door and was already out of hearing range. Yuuri just simply stands there, a shocked look on his face and his heart beating out of control.

   Slowly, he inches his hand up to his lips, slowly trailing over them with his fingers.

   Even though he hadn't..

   Was Viktor.. going to kiss him?

   And because of the fact that he didn't..

   Why was Yuuri..

Why was he disappointed, in even the slightest bit?

••
I'm so sorry this took so long lmao writers block is so bad for like all my books except My Attractions

words: 973