11. Family vs Friend

Start from the beginning

Mrs Reed did ask what was wrong, why am I panting and looking so pale. I just said that I was tired from the date and all. And she agrees to let me rest although her face states otherwise; skeptical and worry. I could tell that she wants to ask questions like am I fine and whatnot, because from the corner of my eyes I could see her open and closing her mouth.

When Avril asks me about the date, I told her everything, exclude the part where Ethan and his mini gang came along to ruin the little moment Ryan and I was having. The funny thing about the entire incident is that I can't get that masculine voice out of my mind. Something within me feels overjoyed upon hearing it, like it's been waiting for ages to hear his voice. He sends me tingly feeling, making me shiver from the tip of my hair all the way down to my toes.

Ryan voice does not make me feel that way. This guy's voice does it all, and it's enough for me to fall in love with him. He sounds so sexy.

A creaking of the bedroom door snaps me back. I quickly shut my eyes, pretending to be asleep, knowing that Avril will question me if I'm still awake. Sometimes I swear she's worse than my own mother. A soft sobs echoed in the room and made its way to my ears. Instantly my ears perk up at the sniffling and muffled sobbing.

Is Avril crying? I pry my eyes open and without moving my arm that is still on my forehead, I peek over at where Avril is at. She had both legs fold underneath her, both elbows propped up on her thighs with a pillow in hand and her face into the pillow. Thanks to the light that came from the moon which was shining through the glass window, I could see Avril shoulder jerking slightly due to crying, which I assume.

All of a sudden, she screams into the pillow. It was a good long two minute scream joining by more crying afterwards. My mind instantly went to what Mrs Reed said earlier; is this about the decision that she has to make. Perhaps this little secret is making her choose between her family and me. I wouldn't want her to choose because I wouldn't want to break the loving relationship she has with her family.

My heart breaks upon that thought; I don't want to be known as the best friend that makes her friend chose her over family. Sure, you can be friends with another person but no one else can replace your own family.

Her crying eventually slows down and finally it came to a stop. Avril tosses the pillow aside, wiping her tear streaked face with the back of her hands and ties up her red hair up into a messy bun. She always does that before going to bed. She turns to face me and for a moment I thought she knows I'm awake because we locked eyes and it took some time for Avril to break the gaze first.

Even in the darkness, I could make out the emotion that held in her eyes; sorrow.

3:30am.

That's the timing when I was abruptly woken up to the jerk of my body. I don't know why, but lately my body has been jerking while I'm asleep. Is this some kind of heaven's way of telling me that I'm going to die either in my sleep or if I ride a roller coaster? Every single time before my body jerks to wake me up, I would dream that I'm riding a roller coaster and when it's at the top, getting ready to go down and when it does I would wake up, with a mini heart attack.

I look over to Avril's bed and see that she's sound asleep. I had to go to sleep with the images of her crying and it isn't fun at all. Watching your sister (I call her sister because we treat each other like one) cry and there's nothing you could do. I'm not going to ask if she's fine and whatnot. I mean, what's the point of you asking someone are they fine when they're bawling their eyes out in front of you. Then what are you going to say if they reply 'no, I'm not fine' surely you aren't going to say 'oh, everything's going to be fine. Don't worry.' I sure am not going to do that because I myself can't foresee if it's really going to be fine.

So, why bother saying something you aren't sure of. It's the reason why I let her cry her heart out.

I swing my leg over the bed and decides to head downstairs to get myself a drink. I'm suddenly feeling thirsty. I took a glass from the cupboard, pour myself a glass of water and add a few ice cubes, making it ice water. After drinking in just two gulps, I wash it.

As I was washing the glass, I kept pondering over the little debate I'm having with my inner self. After a long battle with it, I have come to a conclusion. Upon reaching the room, I went over to my phone and send a text to my mum. It's for the best, it's not like this is going to be the last time that we'll meet each other. There's school, our tree house and also technology.

To: Mummy

    I miss you guys so much, especially Wyatt. So I decided to come home tomorrow. Will you come and pick me up at noon? Love ya, Indie xxx 

♠♥♠♥♠♥♠

This is re-edited because I realised that Indie said she couldn't drive when actually she could. Apart from the tiny little mistake I'd made, everything else is fine :)

What do you guys think of the new cover that I've made? Nice (or maybe not) you gotta gimme some credits cos it's my first time doing it :b There might not be much going on in this chapter but there's more to come! :D Oh, & maybe they'll be video chatting soon ;)