Part 18

"Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete, Could we just be broken together?  If you can bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine, Could healing still be spoken and save us?The only way we'll last forever is broken together."  -Casting Crowns, Broken Together

XxXxXxXxX   3 months later (say about 3 yrs after accident and parents leaving & 10mnths since started dating) XxXxXxXxXxX

I push myself up onto the fence and watch as Oakley tentatively walks over to Ella, and stops a few feet away.  Ella lifts her head up and stares for a moment before going back to her task of eating all of the grass.  Oakley stands watching me and Ella, and reaches her neck out sniffing at Ella's rump.  Both mares stand perfectly still for a minute, before Ella resumes eating and Oakley walks a bit farther from the gate.  I hear gravel crunching be hind me and watch as Oakley's head jerks up alert.  Jenna toddles over to me, and stops at the fence, grinning up at me.  I slide off the fence and lift her up to look over the fence.  Oakley's gaze remains fixed on us as she slowly walks in our direction, and stops a few feet away.  I focus my attention on Jenna, "Hey you little missy are you hiding from daddy?"  She giggles and nods, her head.  

"Shhhhh.  Me hidey."  Her eyes widen as she points over the fence to were Oakley has made her way up to the fence.  "Howsey!  Looky,"  She says happily reaching out a small hand and resting her fingers against Oakley's face.  I stand still waiting to see what will happen,  but nothing does.  Oakley slowly closes her eyes and lets out a soft snort.  Jenna bursts into giggles and starts blowing through her lips trying to make the same sound.  Oakley opens her eyes and backs up a few steps before turning and walking back to Ella and the green grass.

"She was a good horsey wasn't she?"  I ask smiling at Jenna as she bounces around in my grasp,  I set her on the ground and reach for her small hand.  Her little fingers curl around my pointer finger in a firm grasp.  "We should go find daddy before he gets worried.  He and Logan are probably looking for us, what do you think?"  Her little feet quicken in the direction of the barn.

"DADDY!  LOGY!  I HIDED FROM YOU!"  She squeals running in and down the isle way forgetting about holding my hand.  She runs behind Owen and wraps her arms around his leg.  "I foun you daddy."  She smiles up at him as he looks down to her.

Grinning to hide his worry he reaches down scooping her up.  "You certainly did hide.  Did you hide with Baylor?  Maybe that's where I should hide next time."  She sticks out her lip, pouting.

"Buw daddy, that my hidey spot.  You wike her to much, you wodn pway then.  It no fair."  I laugh walking up behind them.

"Yeah Owen it wouldn't be fair.  It's her hiding spot."  Owen scowls at me unsuccessfully,  I lean up pressing a kiss to both of their cheeks.

"You're no help, you know?  I was trying to find her since she thought it would be fun to play hide and seek when I wasn't looking."  He says tickling Jenna's side making her squirm to get away.  "Hey little runaway, why don't you go get Logan he went out the back to play with your pony."  

Her eyes widen and she opens her mouth, "That's my pony!  Put me down I have to save her fwom the monswer."  She runs off to the back of the barn on bouncy legs,  "LOGY WEAVE MY PONY AWONE!"

Owen chuckles under his breath and turns to me, "She wasn't causing any problems right,  I can keep her with me or in the office if it's better...."

I lean my head against his shoulder, looking up at him.  "Owen, she's fine.  As long as she's where one of us can see her and is being safe it's fine.  She just came over to where I was watching Oakely and Ella."  I smile thinking about it, "I think Oakely likes her though, she came right over to us for a few minutes."

"You and Ella or Jenna?"

I roll my eyes poking him,  "Jenna you dingus.  Now come on Logan'll keep her busy, we have work to do.  Aka clear out and re-bed the stalls, then we have to make sure they all get fresh water."  

"Oh lucky us.  We get to clean up all the crap while they galovant around playing princess and pony, against the evil monster."  Owen mutters pouting.

"She makes a very cute princess,  and the faster we start the sooner we can be done."

He smirks down at me and presses a kiss to the edge of my lips, "And then can we eat?  Because I'm starving."

"We ate lunch three hours ago, and Jenna just finished her nap an hour and a half ago, if you eat now she'll never sleep at bed time because she'd fall asleep early.  So no, not yet."

"You are such a party pooper, a beautiful party pooper but still a party pooper."  

"Well thank you, handsome.  Now enough flattery it ain't gonna get you anywhere.  Start scoopin' I'll get the other rake."

XxXxXxXxX

4 more chapters guys and maybe an epilogue (i'm sorry there maybe another time skip but i dont think there will be)

Hope you are liking it :)  Go ahead and let me know
If you want you can check out my reading lists or my other books to have something to read