Part 14

"You are more than the choices that you make.  You are more than the sum of your past mistakes.  You've been remade.  You've been remade." -Tenth Avenue North, You Are More

"When you're out there getting where you're getting to.  I hope you know somebody loves you.  And wants the same things too. Yeah this is my wish" -Rascal Flatts, My Wish

XxXxXxXxX

I glance up from my position on the window seat, when I hear heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.  I smile as I see Owen's choice of socks.  I had given them to him as a joke for his birthday last year, but apparently he wears them anyway.  I look back over to where Jenna is laying on her belly on the floor, with a purple foam block in her hand.  She smiles at me before blowing spit bubbles and giggling.  "Alright little munchkin, come here."  Owen laughs bending to pick her up.  She shakes her head before standing and trying to run away.  She squeals and runs as fast as her little legs can take her away form his outstretched hands.  He starts wiggling his fingers as he chases after her.  "I'm gonna get you.  Come here.  Daddy just wants hugs."  He follows behind her as she tries to hide.  She sees him getting closer and grins before turning back and running towards him.  She throws herself at his feet and he catches her and holds her up above his head.  Her mouth goes wide in a big O shape before she starts giggling and swinging her feet around.  He lowers her back down most of the way slowly and then pushes his arms back up like a rocket.  Jenna dissolves into a fit of belly laughs, as Owen pulls her into his chest for a hug.  He kisses all over her cheeks making her squirm and grin.  As soon as he sets her down, she immediately wanders off, and sits in the middle of the floor staring at the wall.  She start babbling little baby noises. 

He wanders over to me, putting his arms around my waist.  "Will you at least give me hugs?"  He asks as he puts his chin on my shoulder.  I turn my head in his direction, tapping my chin with my finger.

"Mm I don't know.  Maybe I wanna run away too."  I say standing up and trying to run.  I immediately feel two arms around me, pulling me into their grasp.  I turn so I'm facing him and stick my bottom lip out pouting.

"How'd that one work for ya'?"  Owen asks with a smirk.  I just stick my tongue out in response.  He just laughs at me before, moving his arms back to his sides.  He walks over to the bench by the door, where he sits to put on his old beat up boots.  

"I didn't now you actually wore those."  I say regarding the terrible red colored socks with, black criss cross lines and purple stars.  "They really look horrible."  He just shrugs standing up.

"I think they're a bit weird, but they're in shoes most of the time so who really cares."  He walks over to Jenna who is grabbing her toes and staring at him.  "Besides,"  he looks at me smiling, "they are from somebody pretty  special."  I just shake my head blushing lightly.  I walk over to where my boots are and step into them.  I toss the little pair of baby shoes over toward Owen, so he can put them on Jenna.  He catches them with ease, before smirking at me.  Stupid jerk and his catching skills.  Jenna stands up grabbing onto Owens pinky trying to pull him towards the door.  I smile, at the sight, watching as the two of them walk out the door and as he helps her down the stairs before they walk towards the barn.  I grab my phone, before following after them.

XxXxXxXxX four hours later XxXxXxXxXxX

I toss the last bale of hay down from the back of my truck watching as Logan, moves it into the hay barn.  I hop down and slam tail gate closed, and walk into the main barn walking into the little office.  I sit on the edge of the desk, and flip through the pile of papers, I scan through the bill for the last few hay purchases and find it all paid, so I move through to the next paper, and find most of the feed bill is paid and that we just have to get the rest in by the end of the month.  I glance towards the calendar, we have a week and a half.  I can get it done, but combined with the cost of our average grocery bill it'll be close.  But we've made it so far, and get donations once in a while to help.  I set the papers down and jump when I see Logan's tiny kitten sitting down at my feet, just staring up at me.  I reach down and gently scoop him up.  "Hey there little guy.  Are you wanting some attention?"  He just meows at me; before he bangs his head against my fingers and purrs.  I stroke his head with my fingers and walk out of the office to see Logan wandering down the isle, looking at the ground, as if he lost something.  "Ya know if you're looking for you're shadow he came and found me,"  I say as I stop next to him.  I put the kitten on the ground and he rubs against Logan's legs and lays down across his feet. I hear the sound of baby laughter coming from the end of the isle in one of the stalls.  I raise my eyebrow, and head to the source of the noise.  I see Jenna sitting on top of a miniature pony, we rescued a few weeks ago.  Owen is standing next to her holding her across the back with one hand while he leads the pony in a circle with the other.  He stops when he see's me helping Jenna down, she walks over to me grinning, showing her little front teeth.  

"Wooky! Horsey!"  She tells me looking excited, she points over to the mini who is now happily licking at a salt block.  

"It is a horsey.  You're right."  I say bending down to scoop her up, giving her a thumbs up.  I turn towards Owen,  "I think it's nap time," I say gesturing to where Jenna is leaning into my shoulder.  He nods in agreement before taking the lead off of the mini, and grabbing my hand, that isn't holding his daughter.  "Plus I probably need to start lunch.  Y'all are gonna starve other wise."  We walk out and across the driveway to the house, where I notice Logan laying on the porch playing with the kitten.  

XxXxXxXxX

Here's another update! It's more of just a filler chapter so it's pretty boring.  Sorry :/

But guess what!  This book is about half way done!  I'm planning on about 30 chapters so we are about half way there.  

Love you guys <3

vote-comment or whatever