Part 13 (real update)

"But you know there's victory in the Lord I say.  Victory in the Lord.  Cling to the father and his holy name,  but don't go riding on that long black train." -Josh Turner, Long Black Train

" Cause I'm a bullet shot out of a gun.  Cause I'm a firecracker comin' undone, or when I'm a fugitive ready to run, all wild eyed and crazy.  No matter where my reckless soul takes me, baby, you save me."  -Kenny Chesney, You Save Me

XxXxXxXxXxX 2 Months after last chapter XxXxXxXxX

I glance out the kitchen window and see the start of the sunrise, so I pour a cup of coffee and walk outside, closing the door behind me quietly.  I cringe as the hinges squeak before latching into place.  I pause waiting to hear if it woke Owen or Jenna up.  Jenna moved in with us about a month ago, as Destiny could no longer take care of her.  Owen hasn't been sleeping very well because his daughter wakes up wanting to be held, and he's to stubborn to ask for help when he needs it.  I put my coffee cup down, to pull myself up onto the porch rail.  Once I'm up and comfortable I continue to drink my coffee as I watch the colors grow from the dark of night, into the warm pinks and oranges of the morning.  

I hear the door open behind me and turn to see Owen holding a bleary eyed Jenna.  He shifts her over to his other hip, before walking over and kissing the top of my head.  I smile up at him before reaching towards Jenna and pulling her into my arms standing up and leaning against the rail.  I tickle her belly, making her smile and giggle.  Her big brown eyes looking back at Owen before bending her fingers up and down  "Daddy! Hi!" She smiles as she keeps waving before turning back to look at me.  

"Hey there baby girl.   Are you happy?  Are you a happy girl?"  Owen says as he runs his fingers over the short dark hair.  She shakes her head away from his hand, he moves it back to his side.  I set her on the ground and watch as she flops down on the wood floor of the porch.  She sits there watching Owen.  Owen smiles down at her before wrapping his arms around me.  He presses his lips to mine for a moment, before pulling back and leaning on the rail next to me.   "Good morning B." 

"Well good morning to you too."  I say as I shake my head.  I look down as I feel a little hand on my leg.  I see Jenna standing between Owen and I grinning up at us, with her few teeth poking out in a little toothy grin.  

"I hungwy daddy! Hungwy!" 

"Okay, okay, we can go eat.  But first we gotta go wake up Logan."

"LOGY!"  She squeals as she runs on her wobbly legs towards the stairs.  

"Hold on there Jenna."  Owen says as he scoops her up in his arms before she gets there, causing her to burst into a fit of giggles.  Owen shakes his head smiling as he walks down the stairs and putting her back on the ground letting her run towards the old shed, Logan turned into a little living space.  I laugh to myself, walking inside to the kitchen.  I put my coffee cup on the counter against the wall.  I grab three plastic bowls, and a small plastic kids plates, one with the different sections for food.  I set them on the table, one in front of each chair and then the kiddy plate on the front tray of the high chair, next to Owens seat.  I drop a few spoons down on the table, and put a cute plastic pooh-bear spoon on Jennas tray.   Grabbing the carton of berries I put it in the middle of the table, and out a carton of plain honey yogurt along side it.  I toss a handful of napkins into the mix.  The front door opens as I add a big plate with a stack of french toast in the center of the table.  I see a frazzled looking Logan shaking his head, as he rubs his eyes, yawning.  I slide into my seat at the table, watching as Logan grabs a mug pouring himself a cup of coffee.  I turn back to see Owen in his seat, scooping a small amount of yogurt into the center section of Jennas plate.  He scoops himself a good amount of yogurt into his own bowl before exchanging the yogurt for the berries.  I stand back up and grab a few small plates for the toast, grabbing the tub of butter and two butter knifes.  As I sit back down I dish up my yogurt before passing it to Logan so he can do the same.  I throw a scoop of berries into my yogurt mixing them in.