-

Lauren's POV

Waking up with Camila and sensing the resurrecting tingles appear proved how deeply I was in this relationship. Happiness was never far from when she was near, and I could hardly contain my smile whenever, which reminded me of the words from yesterday. Camila's words were lingering in my head. I knew that someday, I would happily marry Camila.

That would be one day though. Today I had much more urgent things to concentrate about. My dream was so close I could nearly touch it. It was right there, in front of my fingertips. This was the moment. I had to go all or nothing. The risks were high, but the stakes were even higher and I wanted it so badly – Always had.

Not that I was planning, but my future was quite unpredictable at this time. I wasn't sure how to expose or present that to Camila.

We stayed in bed until our stomachs started rumbling and there was no point in denying the inevitable. After changing from yesterday's outfits into something more comfortable, we went down the stairs only to find Dinah and Normani both sprawled out on my couch.

I shook my head as I looked at Camila who was stifling her own laughter. Tilting my head in direction of the kitchen, I pointed to Camila and then to the two sleeping girls. I figured she was closer to them, and therefore the one most fitting to wake them up. There was really no way to tell how people reacted to be awakened in the morning, and if there was certainly one person I was afraid to react badly, it was Dinah Jane.

Entering the kitchen, I decided to start on the breakfast. Briefly meeting Camila's stare as she rushed past me and grabbed the half-full carafe from the kitchen table.

"What are you doing?" I mouthed quietly and in return, Camila simply winked before disappearing out of the kitchen with a mischievous grin.

Surely, as I was lifting the frying pan out from a cupboard, I heard shrilled screams from the living room. Running immediately, the first sight from the doorway was Camila with a hand on her stomach, laughing shamelessly. The other hand was holding around an empty carafe, the previous contents spilled equally between Dinah and Normani.

"Mila!" Normani scolded, wiping her eyes with an annoyed mine. "What the hell was that?" The glare she was sending the smaller brunette could turn water to ice in matter of seconds, I was sure of it.

Camila shrugged her shoulders, "You wouldn't wake up."

The simplicity of the answer didn't seem to fit well with Dinah, who was looking like she was just about to physically attack Camila. I laughed at the girls' bickering, their faces growing red as they continued on arguing on the endless of methods to wake someone that didn't even mention the word 'cold water'.

Terrifyingly enough, Dinah turned her attention to me abruptly with an expression that didn't soften a single bit. "What do you think is so funny? Your girlfriend is just about to get murdered and you're next." She threatened, moving her sly eyes from me to Camila.

I pressed a hand to my mouth, trying to hold in the laughter that threatened to slip. However, one managed to escape and Dinah took a probing step towards me, her eyebrows raised challengingly.

"Don't you dare. Take your pain out on Camila all you will, but I'm not hesitating to use this." I challenged jokingly and lifted my hand with the frying pan, Dinah's predatory stance faltering immediately at the not so serious threat.

"You're lucky I'm in my clothes from yesterday, Mila." Normani frowned half-seriously. She walked out of the room and returned quickly with a bag that she'd left at my house before the party.

Camila paced over to me, stopping at my side. "'Take your pain out on Camila.'" She mimicked and glared at me although she couldn't completely conceal a smile at the corner of her lips.

"You did actually toss water on them. I love you, but I will not suffer for your stupidity and ignorance." I retorted with a smile myself. "You should know better than mess with your friends."

"But it's so fun." Camila grinned and threw a victorious glance at her soaked friends searching after dry clothes. "Unless you throw me under the bus again, I think I'll be fine." She added and looked to me for confirmation.

"Alright. I promise, no more selling you out to either Dinah or Normani." I laughed gently. "But you have to give me something in return." I demanded suggestively, enjoying the way a broad smile spread across her lips.

"And what might that be?" Camila turned to me and threw her arms around my waist, pulling me closer. "Any suggestions?"

"I can think of a few." I answered and tried to play it off cool.

"Oh, I bet you do." Camila returned just as playful, her eyes moving to my lips as my own fell down shortly.

Looking at her side-loped smile, I couldn't help but remember the Camila from yesterday, the one that had acted extremely dorky and adorable. This playful and teasing Camila was one of my favorites, but then again, all of her sides were.

attpad.Lc