Pumpkin?

A/N: I know this is short and unedited, but I'm currently moving some of my fics from Tumblr to here :)

-

10 days since the group had been held hostage. 10 days, 2 hours, 34 minutes and 20 seconds. No one felt safe, and if they did, then they were near death and the blood loss has got to them. Everyone feared that the breath they were taking in was going to be their last, that the pleading they make will make their days less, or the cries they make will be heard and punished for.

Y/n was given the chance to run and she took it. She knew Rick and the group would've wanted that, but it doesn't mean she didn't feel like shit for it. Her first thought was to go to the Hill Top. However, she remembered about home and how no one is in charge. They needed her. They needed answers.

Jesus realised something was wrong as soon as he stepped into Alexandria. It wasn't like them to be gone for so long. Especially 10 days. So, when he found the place basically dumped, and with confused people, he didn't know what to think. He could only think of the worse, though he kept himself strong by believing they were just on an extreme run for food and they've found something worth staying so long for. But, when y/n came limping through the gates his heart sank.

Jesus quickly ran to her side, Y/n wrapping instantly her arms around his neck, while his lips pressed against her sweaty and bloody forehead. Tears that she had been holding back suddenly came to pouring out. There was no need to be strong for the group inside Jesus's arms. Everyone gathered around them. Panic rising.

Y/n raised her head to look at Jesus, she needed to tell him who done this before she becomes a slobbering mess. She opens her mouth but her words were cut short by an extreme pain, causing her to trip on her words. Everything became slow. The screams around her echoed. But Jesus and y/n stayed holding each other, looking into each other eyes as if whatever pierced her skin didn't happen. It was shocking. Jesus was forced to hear reality when blood dripped from her lips, and when her eyes became glazed over, when her body began to shiver and when her skin turned pale and blue.

-"Y/n-" He whispered.

His hands brushed against her back, in the centre, he could feel warm wetness. He knew what it was, but he didn't want to admit it. But he had no choice. Her knees buckled, the grip onto his clothes loosened and her hands fell. His hands gripped her waist, bringing her body to his to keep her up, while slowly kneeling to the ground to let Y/n lay in his arms.

"Pumpkin?"