millies mom

23 - millies mom

millies pov

chatting the clerk up at the convenience store was easy, though i have to admit i didn't enjoy it. i'd rather it be finn..

"littering is bad." he told me, smirking as i chucked my empty m&m wrapper on the floor. "so is smoking." i replied, reaching for the small box in the breast pocket of his denim jacket. he laughed and handed me a lighter.

"maybe i am a bad influence." he said as i blew smoke up into the air. i scoffed and shoved his shoulder lightly, "shut up ."

-

when we arrived at cabin eight everyone was awake and laughing, we walked through the door and everyone cheered as finn poured the snacks out of his backpack onto the desk. "yes millsss!" sadie said, running up and hugging me. "hell yeah im starving!" gaten yelled, jumping up and grabbing a handful of food, everyone else did the same and sat down on the beds. i sat on finns with him, leaning on him.

"how did you do it?" caleb asked, crunching chips, "steal the food i mean." we told the group about climbing over the fence and chatting up the clerk and me almost falling. we left out the kissing part..

"finn do you have a phone charger?" i asked, realising my phone had been dead since i got here. he nodded and gestured to one that was plugged into the wall right next to his bed.

i plugged it in and it booted up slowly. "what the fuck.." i said quietly, frowning. there were seventeen missed calls from my mom.. and thirteen text messages telling me to ring her. "what's going on?" finn asked, i shook my head and took my phone outside without another word.

i dialled my mom and she answered after two rings. she was crying. "what the hell is going on?!" i asked, shaking. she sniffed and spoke quietly. "it's your step dad..."