bad influence

22 - bad influence

finns pov

i let millie walk to the counter and distract the store clerk before making my move and slipping out of the door without a sound. i stood close by, watching millie intently as she leaned on the counter, talking to the guy. i stared as he bit his lip and stepped closer to her, she shifted, almost uncomfortably. i wished i could hear what they were saying.

it seemed the conversation had ended as millie left the store and walked to me, grinning. "lets go." she said, i swung my backpack over my shoulder and took her hand, running towards the way we had come.

we reached the fence and stopped, catching our breaths. "i cannot believe we just did that!" millie said, still grinning. her eyes were wide and bright with excitement. "you're a bad influence on me.." she trailed off, looking away. i continued to gaze at her and smirked. "i'm not your bad influence. i'm just helping you learn what's good and bad in this world." i told her. she looked back up at me, meeting my eyes. without saying a word, she dipped her head and smiled.

tearing my eyes away from her face (which was difficult) i stepped towards the chain link fence and hauled myself up, just like before. millie followed after me and landed straight in my arms - not bothering to try and land on her feet this time.

i smiled when she fell into my arms, my face was so close to hers our noses almost touched. she turned her head and readied herself to jump down, expecting me to drop her to the ground, but instead i kept hold of her, causing her to look back at me, confused. i just smiled and gazed into her eyes. she stared back, her face made me melt a little. bright wide eyes, that smirk that drove me crazy..

i leaned forward suddenly and planted my lips onto hers, she didn't pull away, she kissed me back softly, smiling into it. i tightened my grip around her and she gripped my neck. she pulled away, jolting slightly in my clutch, "careful!" she said, laughing. i laughed to, but placed my hand gently on her jaw, pulled her face close to mine. "i would never let you go." i said softly, practically whispering. she smiled and kissed me again lightly before jumping down and picking up the backpack i had swung over before climbing.

she delved into it and grabbed two mini packs of m&ms, opening one for herself and handing me the other. i grinned and took it from her before we set off to walk back to cabin eight.