Chapter 9

I bobbed my head along to the sweet streams of music that flowed through my headphones into my ears as I walked along the street. I was heading back from the library where I had spent most of my day studying and since it was almost dinner time, hunger was slowly creeping over me.

My music was blocked out for only a moment by a text which was most likely from one of the brothers. I quickly checked my phone and saw what Azusa had sent me.

The family decided to have a picnic at the park for dinner and see the cherry blossoms. Late notice but hope to see you there.

-Azusa

As I slid my phone back into my jacket pocket I redirected myself so I was walking in the direction of the park and carried on listening to my music. I wasn't that bothered to go and watch the cherry blossoms since I had already seen them after all, but a family picnic might be nice.

I turned a corner and my blue eyes landed on a tall, ginger man who was slowly walking down the path on his phone. Although I couldn't see his face I figured that it was Natsume, he was dressed in a black suit and in the breeze I could see flashes of green as his tie whipped around.

"Natsume?" I called out as I wandered towards him. He turned around at the sound of his name and his violet eyes settled on my face. "It is you, are you coming to the picnic too?"

"Yeah I am, just heading there, we might as well walk together while we're here." He replied nonchalantly. I nodded hesitantly in reply and we began walking together. With each couple of footsteps I found myself glancing at his strong jawline and facial features. Even while I had been trying to forget all about him I found my stomach fluttering while walking so close to him.

I wish these feelings could just disappear. "How's Tsubaki and Azusa?" Natsume's deep voice brought my attention away from my feet. Did he know what had happened between them? It was quite likely since he worked in the gaming industry and his brothers probably told him a lot.

"Oh, they're okay I think. Azusa's agreed to do the job." I replied with a smile. I was so relieved when Azusa told me that. It meant that Tsubaki and I's words got through to him. "I was happy since he asked for my help and actually took on board my advice."

Natsume lifted a brow and looked at me curiously, "You talked to Azusa about it?" I nodded in reply and heard an amused chuckle from beside me. "I told Ema to stay out of it but I should have really been talking to the other sister."

A small, breathy chuckle escaped my lips at his words but inside my mind and heart stirred violently. Ema had never told me that she had gone to see Natsume and even though she didn't have to, why did I feel like she went behind my back? Natsume and I weren't anything other than siblings and no one knew of my feelings but I still felt jealous.

"Well my numbers a click away." I responded, turning my gaze away from him. I was still kind of annoyed that he hadn't called or texted me much since we found out who each other really were. I missed him honestly, but I can't blame him since he was an adult with his own life to deal with.

The two of us wandered through the park and soon enough spotted the brothers and Ema. "Hey! They've finally arrived!" Tsubaki shouted loudly. He thrust his can of beer into the air and leaned on Azusa.

He was already drunk which meant he was going to be much more difficult to deal with than normal. "Hey guys, good to see you've not all overdone it." I joked, sitting down beside Azusa who thankfully was sober enough.

I saw Ema's mouth move but I was too distracted to hear the words. Someone's arm brushed against my own and my head instantly turned to see Natsume sitting down beside me. A small flurry of heat rushed over my cheeks but I quickly composed myself, there was no way I was letting my feelings get the better of me when I had been trying so hard to get rid of them.