Waiting

What the hell was i going to do now? I now had no proof besides the letter today. I was scared and frustrated but still rode my bike over to the police station.

During my ride i could feel someone watching me. I shivered although it was a hot day outside. I couldn't forget those eyes as they stared at me and the thin lips that were cracked from lack of moisture.Those cold, green eyes.

I knew someone else with green eyes. Oh God it was Mr.Thomas all along, i know it. I rode faster and faster to the police station.

Running into the building with my bewildered expression i called for someone to help me.

He had Amber. Oh God. He had Amber.

A police officer came out running telling me to calm down and explain what i needed help with.

" Mam what is going on? Please take a seat."

" OH GOD, OH GOD" I kept saying back and forth. I looked up at the man and past him to the missing persons posters. A smiling face haunted my vision. It was Amber. How long has she been gone?

" How long has that girl been gone?" I said almost emotionless.

" Her parents reported her missing today actually. Why, do you know where she is?" The man didn't hide his surprised tone while asking.

" Yes"

He made a motion to continue.

" They are in the clutches of Mr. James Thomas"

" Wait excuse me? Are you saying the beloved teacher has Amber, but other people as well?"

I nodded vigorously and explained the stalker story to him.

" Well Mam do you have any evidence of this obsession as you explain it"

" He wrote me letters, but he somehow took them away without me even noticing"

" Hmm. I'm sorry mam i can not help you until you have solid evidence of this. Would you like a glass of water?"

" Sir you have to believe me. This is a madman we are dealing with. He seems very dangerous. Please" I practically begged.

The officer gave me a look as if i was crazy and stated sorry once again.

I immediately got up and realized how stupid i am. The police wouldn't help me unless i had solid evidence on that bastard. I couldn't let Amber die and with the polices help, that could take months to find where she is.

I didn't know what i could do. I'm so so stupid. The bastard is most likely watching me now, and he said he would hurt someone.

Nate.

" So so stupid" I said.

Why did i think Nate could handle himself? If he was caught off guard it wouldn't be hard to kill him. And Harrison. And Amber.

Oh god.

"Mam?"

" Hmm?"

" Are you alright? You have been mumbling to yourself for the past 5 minutes about 'him hurting Nate?' " The man said.

Have i? Am i going completely nuts?

" That's where they are sir."

I scream and realize I'm wasting time i need to go check if Nate is safe.

"Mam??!!" The officer yells while i get on my bike to ride home.

Oh god so stupid. I'm stupid for smirking at him. I'm stupid for not having the letters with me at all times. I'm stupid for not keeping my eye open for the possible victims. I'm stupid for not knowing why the handwriting was different. That dick must have had a partner. I'm stupid for going to the police. Oh gosh someone is going to get hurt because of me.