I'm a What?

I woke up to the commotion of a family. I missed the grumpiness everyone has toward each other in the morning. The snarky remarks exchanged, quick sarcastic jabs thrown at each other counteracted with laughs of both parties. Having this type of family is only a dream to me, but it's also my definition of perfect.

The sun was shining through the window that had been cracked open. I could smell the air as if floated up toward my bunk. The smell of the lake lingered and I felt joy again. The one place I have fun during my time here, was when Will, Zayle, Lex and I would come out to the lake and swim or go boating during the summer. Will first asked Lex out on a date there and-so I was told yesterday in the car-the same spot is where he proposed to her. Hiding my giddiness at their sappy love story, I rolled out of bed and saw a bag of clothes with a note on them.

Anastasia, I never gave these clothes back to you from high school. -Lex James.

I laughed to myself as I rummaged through the bag, finding random DIY t-shirts that I have cut the collars off or added slits into. I decided on my favorite pair of high waist jean shorts that I though my mother threw away and a black camisole with a loose, black, see through cardigan.

I took a quick shower and washed my hair, trying to rip my fingers through the knots that were matted through my dirty blonde hair. I added conditioner to the knots, hoping it would turn into some sort of magical potion and make the mangled mess fizzle away. My shower was interrupted when small hands began banging on the door. I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around myself then twisted my hair into a towel.

"Anastasia! You're gonna freak," Chris said.

"No she won't that's normal!" Zachary said. I heard a thump and then Zachary screech in retaliation. After quickly putting on my shorts and shirts, I opened the door and let my long, flat hair fall out of the towel.

"Stop picking on him," I told Chris.

"Fine, but come with me!" he said grabbing my arm and dragging me into the kitchen. I had no choice but to follow and Zachary ran behind us.

In the kitchen, I saw Lex standing over a chair with scissors in her hand and black hair collecting on the ground. In the chair was an obviously pissed off Loki who sat in a robe with his arms crossed and a cross look on his face. He was pouting like a child who's mother refused to buy him a lollypop. It looked completely pathetic and yet I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

"I said not a lot!" he snapped at Lex while feeling around for his missing hair. I couldn't hold it in any more. An eruption of fits of laughter rose escaped my mouth and a startled Loki jumped out of the chair and turned toward me with and angry terror in his eyes. "SEE! Now she's laughing at me!" he said emphasizing that he was talking about me. "I demand a mirror!" Lex handed him a round mirror with a handle and he held it up to his face. His hair that used to fall past his shoulders stopped at the top of the collar on the black button up shirt he wore. "It's horrendous!" he bellowed shoving the mirror back into Lex's hands.

"I like it!" I said still laughing but disguising it as a smile. "It suits you better than your 'girl hair,'" I said using the same tone Calelle used last night.

"Oh, shut up!" he sneered and slouched slightly for emphasis then returned to his titanium spine posture. Calelle ran into the room smiling up at Loki and laughing. "What do you think is so funny?" he asked.

"Your hair!" she said pointing.

"Don't point. Pointing is rude. Besides, you're the one who said to cut it."

"I didn't say it was bad," she said shying away but still holding an admiring glance at him.

"At least you think so. Some people like to think otherwise," Loki said almost spitting the words at me.