Swing Life Away

This chapter is named after the song Swing Life Away by Rise Against, because I heard it on my Pandora and it is now on repeat on Youtube as I write this.  And I'm going through some rough bull crap today and I'm 100% done with reality so I will be posting a LOT tonight. I'll put the link in the side bar :)

Loki held the flower out to me and I went to take it but he hesitated, pulled it away from my fingers and tucked it in my hair behind my ear. A faint smile formed on my face through the sticky residue of tears. The flower felt as weightless as a regular flower, not one made of glass.

"Thank you," I said, my shy and innocent side peaking out too much.

"I thought you needed something to make your face and hair look more appealing," Loki sneered. I rolled my eyes and dabbed at the tears left in them.

"And that side didn't last very long," I said dryly.

"Don't ever get used to that," he warned. I rolled my eyes and stepped out of my bed making my way downstairs. "Where are you going?" he asked as I passed him and grabbed his arm.

"I'm going to the living room," I stated, running down the stairs.

"To do what exactly?" His voice was seeping with sass and sarcasm.

"Trust exercises!" I exclaimed and pushed the couches away, clearing a large area to move around. "It'll be fine," I assured him.

"Why do I have to do this?" he whined.

"Because, Loki, by us trusting each other we can start trusting the people the other trusts," I said.

"I will never trust the people who want to kill me," he said, his face pinched up as if a skunk had just sprayed his face.

"We'll see," I said smirking mischievously. I plugged my phone into the auxiliary cable connected to a surround sound system and put my music on shuffle. The first song made me start laughing and I couldn't help but sway my hips and start snapping on beat. "Warden through a party at the county jail! The prison band was there and they began to wail! The band was jumping and the joint began to swing! You should have heard those knocked out jailbirds sing, let's rock!" I put my shoulders into my swinging to the strumming of the guitar during the chorus and the snare drum when the phrases came on.

"I refuse," Loki said folding his arms. I pried them apart, grabbed his hands and started to do the twist. "What in the realms is this?" he asked.

"Music, dancing, 1950s!" I said over Jailhouse Rock. He pretended to get into my "dancing" but pointlessly flailed his limbs, not wanting to seem like an idiot.

"This is absurd, that's what this is!" he pointed out.

"It may be absurd, but at least I don't look like I have a stick up my butt!" I growled at him. He narrowed his eyes and then started to complain.

"Can the song just change already?!" he groaned glaring at my phone.

"If you magically destroy my phone, I will destroy you, Laufeyson!" I said as Jailhouse Rock faded and Cotton Eyed Joe took its place. Loki sat down on the couch but I summoned him back. "Joys of telekinesis, am I right?" I smirked as he looked at me in disbelief.

"How in the-"

"If you said 'How in the realms' one more time, I will duct tape your mouth shut," I promised him.

"You would make an excellent parent one day, truly," he snapped then pouted at me. "Why are you making me do this?" he asked.

"I already told you. Plus, it's kind of funny watching you try and dance to this music."