Chapter 6 - Edited

My mind went blank and I was sure that I was more than ready to throw myself down the stairs.
There, right in front of me, was a psychopath dressed in jeans and another gray shirt but with the NASA logo. William had leaned his elbows on his knees, slouching lightly on the couch.

I panicked and with trembling hands, I fished out my phone, immediately hovering over Lora's cellphone number. "Hi! Sorry, I'm currently unavailable right now but hey, leave a message after the beep."

It was then followed with a long beep and I inhaled, getting ready to blow up with words that may make her deaf. "Lora!" I whisper shouted at the phone, fortunately enough, William didn't seem to notice. "He is here. William busted through the front door of my house and I can't do anything." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes momentarily. "This is it, there's no where left to hide."

I hung up.

All I can do now is talk. From the stairs, I could see Aunt Carla coming into the living room with a tray of cookies and almost shoved one in William's mouth. He eventually bit into one, chewing slowly. I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt before walking towards them.

I went down the stairs and he saw me. His eyes locked with mine and the next thing I knew, we were staring at each other in uncomfortable silence until I looked away. Aunt Carla saw me and she grinned.

"Julia, there's someone who wants to talk to you," she smiled. "I'll leave you two."

I rubbed my shoulder awkwardly while he sat down wiping his hands on his jeans. "So...," I began.

He looked at me with his eyebrows shot upward. "Hm?"

I sighed and stepped closer to where he was sitting. "So should I call the cops and tell them that a psychopath just barged in my house?" I casually asked.

He shrugged before leaning towards the table and picked up another cookie and chewed slowly. "I knocked," he chided.

I nodded uncomfortably. The urge to throw my things at him was probably the best thing to do but I decided against it when I noticed Ashlee's head peeking from the kitchen. She rolled her eyes and raised a large piece of paper with the words WHAT A WIMP in her sloppy handwriting. I glared at her from the corner of my eye before she smiled and went up the stairs with her sandwich.

My eyes fell on the cookie tray. "How do you know my address?"

"Well..." He was rubbing the back of his neck as he spoke, "sometimes I see you walk to your house from school or whenever you get home from a day with your friends or something."

I gaped at him and snatched the cookie he was holding and crumbled it with my bare hands on to the tray and crossed my arms. Yeah, that would've been better if it was in the movies.

He looked at me then to the cookie tray and grabbed another one, biting into it. "Yeah," he said, his voice muffled over the amount of baked goods in his mouth, "Yeah, that can't stop me."

That was it. I groaned and stomped childishly in my place. "Why are you even here?"

He said nothing. Instead, he stared at me and visibly gulped.

"Tell me, why did you come?" I asked.

"I...," he trailed off before shaking his head. "I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?" I demanded. I was pissed now and I quickly scanned the vicinity of the room and checked anything that I could chuck towards him. When I didn't find anything, I turned back to him, enraged. "You made me feel so awkward and I felt being spied almost everyday by a pervert and--"

"Woah, hold on! I am not a pervert!" he defended, holding up his hands.

"Yeah you are!"

"Since when was I a pervert?"

"You made me feel so weird about myself and I feel so unsafe when I'm outside because you're always looking at me wherever I go and it felt like you were spying on me to kidnap me!" I explained, ignoring his question. "So I ask you, the pervert from my school-"

"I am not!" he almost bellowed, his face a good shade of red.

"You said you see me every time I go home," I muttered and I was replied with a, "Because the path to my house has to pass your own!"

From there, I wanted to slam my head on the drywall, pitying my forehead that I've abused it far enough. "Please tell me why you're here so we can get this over with," I replied with my evident face of frustration.

"To say hi," he shrugged, picking up the tray of cookies and dropped all of the cookies in a little plastic bag which I assumed that Aunt Carla gave him so he could take some home. He glanced at me and shrugged again. "Your aunt makes good cookies, okay?"

My eyes were gawking at him. "You came here," I pointed to the place I was standing in, "to say hi?"

He scoffed. "The last time I asked you why you hit me with your high heel in church, did you know what your reason was?" He responded and switched his voice to a high pitched one, "I hit you because I wanted to! And right now, you're mad at me for stopping by to say hello." He ended with a sigh.

It was from there that he stood up, the plastic bag of cookies in hand. "But I guess you're not in the mood right now," he replied, "so I guess I'll take my leave." He nodded at me and turned away but stopped to look me in the eye. The sudden contact wanted me to roll into a ball and cry. "That drawing in class?" he held his hand up with an okay hand sign. "That was museum worthy."

That was all he expressed before he went out of the house and opened the door to his car and drove away.

I sighed, glad that it was over. I turned to get back to my room when I saw Aunt Carla and Ashlee by the doorway, realizing that they had been watching me. Ashlee threw cookie batter at me and the gooey concoction stuck to the strand of my hair.

I backed away, earning glares from both of them. What I didn't expect was Aunt Carla to throw an empty ten inch pan at me. I dodged and gaped at them. "What on earth are you two doing?"

"You stupid," Ashlee began and threw a roll of parchment paper towards my direction, "stupid," she then tossed an apple which I didn't notice she was holding, "wimp." She ended that with her bending over, her hands resting on her knees tiredly.

Will's POV

The moment I arrived at my house, I stayed inside the car and checked myself in the rearview mirror before slamming my head on the steering wheel, enabling it to honk rather loudly. Without bothering to remove my forehead from it, I muttered to myself, "You sad, sad, boy."

When I went inside, I was greeted by the sight of my mother on the couch eating popcorn with a book when she looked up from it and saw me. She sighed. "From the sound of your car honk two minutes ago, I sense that it didn't go well?"

I plopped beside her on the couch, indenting it with my weight and grabbed the popcorn bowl from her hands. "And I'm guessing," I threw a handful of popcorn in my mouth, "that you can sense my presence because you can follow the sweet stench of failure?"

She smiled without looking away from her book. "Maybe."

I nudged her in the side, adding a bit more force. "You're supposed to be patting my back and giving me pie, or something," I told her.

"I may be your mother, yes," she nodded, "but that doesn't mean that I won't be reminding you of your failed attempts at befriending Julia."

I stared at her with a flat look on my face before sighing exasperatedly. She chuckled and ruffled my hair. "A loser just like your father."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Will's mom is iconic.

Edited on May 12, 2019.

With so much love and chicken nuggets,

Brit <3