Chapter 2 - Edited

Walking down the smooth pavement with Ashlee by my side, I started to notice a tall and slim figure from a distance. A brunette who stood five feet and seven inches tall. As I got closer, Lora seemed to notice me close the distance between us. 

Glaring, she folded her arms across her chest and sighed. "It took you," she glanced at her wrist where her imaginary watch was, "ten billion hours to get ready."

"And it takes you one billion and one," I playfully retorted. 

She scoffed and nudged me with her sharp elbow. "Well played, Greene, well played."

I gave her a weak smile and nudged her back, harder. She growled and slapped my chest. "Let's stop with the hurt and I hope you'll give the chance to ask you something."

"Go ahead, ask," I nodded and insisted. 

With one hand, she raised it to her chin and the other stayed folded across her chest, imitating a thinking position. "What would you want for your birthday? It's coming up in like a week."

Shrugging, I replied, "Nothing much, actually." I was honest. I didn't want anything but I knew that Lora didn't want to hear that. My eyes brightened and I placed both my hands behind my head, looking all relaxed as if the words I was about to say were being thought out for years. "I want you to agree that I'll join the MRH."

Lora gasped and stared me down as if I was a child who broke chinaware. Ashlee stopped typing and looked up from her keypad, both their jaws wide open. 

I breathed in a lungful of air, looking calm. Until I felt a punch on my left boob which I received from Ashlee and a stinging slap on my cheek from Lora which resulted to my small frame crashing into the bus stop sign, sending vibrations to the poor thing due to the impact. 

I grunted when I was lying flat on the stone pavement. Hands trying so hard to cover my whole body from any more death strikes from those lunatics, I slowly rose when I thought there'd be no more  hurting. 

When I finally stood up and brushed my blouse with my hands, Lora then again assaulted the back of my head with a hit, which luckily, didn't hurt as much as her last blow. "Stop, it," I snorted, and that made them angrier. 

Ashlee stomped her way to where I was. "Are you crazy? You want to risk your life? How the hell-"

"I'm not going to do it, you crazy bimbos," I lazily said, trying to regain my balance by holding on to the pole beside me. "I was just kidding."

And then there was another hit. "Okay could you knock it off?" I demanded. "It hurts, y'know!"

"Are you out of your mind?" Lora practically screamed at the top of her lungs, and it actually hurt my ears. "You can't joke about that, you dumb asshole. Why would you even consider joking about that?"

Laughing my ass off, I pinched both their cheeks and smiled. "I knew you two cared about me," I smiled cheekily. "I just want a Mercedes, that's not much."

"Okay, she can sign up for that damn thing now," Ashlee snarled, her face behind her phone once again. 

So lost in some sore parts of my body, our trio didn't realize that the bus was heading our way. 

Picking my bag up from the floor, I rubbed my shoulder to somehow ease the pain that somehow stayed there for five minutes. Honking, the bus halted and opened its doors to give us our entrance. 

Ashlee had her headphones in and randomly sat next to a boy who wore glasses and had ash-blonde hair which Lora was evidently drooling at. I just knew that she was cursing under her breath that she should've got that seat. 

I was seat hunting for myself until I found one next to the window. Two vacant seats were present and I waltzed to my seat enthusiastically. "Lora, there's a seat."

Unfortunately, my words were inaudible for her. To save a seat, I placed my handkerchief on the seat I wanted her to occupy and once that was done, I rummaged in my bag for a book I've been loving. Opening the thick book, I started reading. 

I felt the seat exhale from beside me and I turned to glance at Lora. Except it wasn't Lora. 

Lora herself was standing there all pale as she stared at the guy beside me. She was still and her mouth hung open at what she had just witnessed. "J-Jules...," she stuttered. 

With furrowed eyebrows, I intentionally dropped my phone on the floor and leaned forward to steal a glimpse of who sat next to me. I couldn't see. He was reading a book too for fuck's sake. 

I went back to my normal sitting position and exhaled. That was when I felt soft taps on the side of my left hand. As I looked down at the tapping, he handed my my handkerchief. 

I didn't even plan to look up but I did due to the curiosity that boiled in the pit off my stomach. And I wish I hadn't looked up. Why? The risk was absolutely useless. 

Once I looked up, a bit of hair hung from his face which prevented me from seeing his features. 

Not even planning to say thank you for giving back my handkerchief, I only turned to my side, leaning my cheek on the window and searched for Lora. She was just across our seat and I stared her down. 

A moment later, she turned away, her form still as stone and that's when I noticed a hint of a smile on her face. 

I only rolled my eyes and exhaled through my nose, not even wanting to care whether or not the guy beside me was one of the reasons why Lora was on the verge of heading to a fit of guffaws. 

Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no. I didn't want to conclude that the guy who sat beside me was him. It just can't be. 

Taking up all the courage, I looked at Lora with pleading eyes, secretly wanting her to say no to my conclusion. Half of my face was covered by my hair; and it was perfect for hiding a face of either relief or disgust after knowing. Slowly, I mouthed the words to her. "Sta..."

She gestured her hand, a sign to continue what I wanted to mouth, "Sta- William?"

Discomfort and pity dominate her face and I could see her shoulders slump down a bit. And she nodded. 

Someone stab me. 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Edited on June 12, 2018

Happy Independence Day, Philippines!

With so much love and chicken nuggets,

Brit❤