Chapter 14

A/N: Writing this in English class. Fuck it.

Dan's POV

I actually feel a bit more relaxed, knowing that I've decided to give myself some time before I go about killing Phil. I can really get under his skin now. I can find out the things that I really need to find out. In the mean time though, watching corny horror movies is certainly a good way to pass the time. When Phil spent the afternoon at my house, we actually had a pretty good time together. We're really starting to warm up to each other more and become a lot more open.

However, what came along when I walked him home was something I definitely wasn't expecting.

When I offered to walk him home that day, I was just trying to be nice because I knew that that would be what would get him to open up to me more; me being nice to him. I also lowkey wanted to search for whatever escape route he could have taken the last time he came over to my apartment and walked home; I followed him that day, and then he just up and disappeared half-way to his house, and I still have no idea how he'd done that. Curiosity had gotten the better of me, and since the rain had stopped, I figured I would walk him home to see if I could find any clues as to how he escaped that one day.

However, thoughts of that soon slipped away when Phil began talking again as we walked outside of my apartment complex.

"So," Phil started, "You know how when we were talking about our parents earlier, that I told you that you could talk to me about that situation, or anything really if you need to?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I mean that, I really do, but..."

Oh, here it is. The moment I've been fearing. I knew it. He was just saying all of that shit to be nice to me. I knew he didn't mean it. How could I have been so stupid?

"...in return, I'm gonna ask that you let me talk to you about some things too..."

Oh. That wasn't what I was expecting. Wait a minute. Phil just openly admitted he wants to talk to me about some deeper things about himself? Hell yes! This is just what I need! I smile to him.

"Of course, Phil! You can tell me anything."

"Really?"

"Yeah, totally. I know how intimidating it can be to talk to new people about things about yourself that they don't already know; I've done it a lot, believe me. But you don't have to worry about that kind of thing with me, really."

Phil rubs the back of his neck, nervously, "Well, it isn't just that you don't know this thing about me...it's that no one does."

Holy shit...This is just too perfect! I didn't think I'd earned enough of Phil's trust for him to be willing to talk to me about this kind of thing, but apparently so! I have to find out what this secret of his is so that I can figure out how to use it against him. He might as well be signing his own name on his own death certificate right now. I need to do everything I can right now to get him to tell me whatever it is he's trying to tell me.

I raise my eyebrows in surprise at him, "Really?"

Phil nods, looking down at the ground. 

"Well, I mean..." I start before pausing. Phil looks genuinely nervous right now about whatever it is he's trying to communicate to me...Maybe I don't have to worry too much about him telling me right now, as long as I can get him to tell me eventually. If I pressure him into telling me something he's uncomfortable with, he'll never tell me, so I need to be as nice about this whole thing as possible. 

"You don't have to tell me anything that you're not comfortable with saying out loud yet, but if you ever do want someone to vent to, you know where to find me."