"If the report is even true, Lauren, and we don't know that, then yes. I think that's the likely situation."

"I hope so," she said unthinkingly before looking at her embarrassed at what she had just said. "Sorry, that was a shitty thing to say..."

"...I understand, Lauren," Dinah interrupted her apology for her callous words. "No need to apologize. I knew what you meant. Let's hope that they realize that the hostages are the only cards they can play, and they don't want to throw any of them away."

The blonde clapped her on the shoulder as she got to her feet, walking over toward Sinu and topping up her coffee.

They all sat around in silence, their thoughts consuming them as they waited for something that would tell them if it was bad news or for her, extremely bad news. She couldn't cope with the idea that Camila might have died wondering if she actually cared about her at all, wondering if she loved her or not.

She'd fucked things up, but she was going to make them right even if it fucking killed her; nothing was going to stop her from getting Camila back. After that? Well, they'd just have to see what happened.

She hoped that it wasn't completely ruined, though and that Sinu's gentle reminders about the things Camila had told her about the two of them were hints that her stupidity hadn't fucked everything up.

"Jesus," Sinu exclaimed suddenly as Dinah's phone started ringing loudly, shattering the silence with a Nokia ringtone Lauren hadn't heard used since she was a teenager.

"Sorry, sorry," Dinah apologized. Though she wasn't sure if it was for the noise or the cheesy tone. "I'll just get this..."

They all watched her closely as she walked over to the far side of the room; the phone pressed to her ear, her voice low. Lauren caught her eye once or twice as she paced up and down; her nerves jangling as the blonde looked back at her, and then looked away quickly.

Finally, Dinah took the handset from her ear and turned back to them, her face bleak.

"That was Mel," she said quietly, "there's a video that has arrived at the consulate here, Cabello Industries back in Miami, as well as on this alleged body dropped off at the police. She hasn't seen it yet so don't ask me what's on it, but she's bringing it over to us now."

"How has she got a copy, boss?" she heard someone in the room say.

"Our guys in Miami sent it over, Lauren," Dinah replied and she blinked as she realized it was her who has asked the question; her brain not working as it was gripped by concern and fear. "It was dropped off at the office and they've encrypted it and e-mailed it over. We're keeping security high on this, for obvious reasons; and I think it best if you and Sinu aren't around when she arrives."

"Why's that, Dinah?" Sinu asked quickly, causing a pained expression to appear on Dinah's face.

"Because she doesn't want us to see it if there's a chance that it might be Camila, Sinu," she said sparing her the truth. "Dinah is trying to protect us from what might be on that video."

"Oh," Sinu replied her shoulders sagging, "yes... yes, of course. Thank you again, DJ."

Dinah nodded, but if she was going to say anything, she was interrupted by a knock at the door. Lauren saw Sinu's head snap up at the sound, and Lauren's heart began racing in turn, pounding away in her chest. With two graceful steps, Dinah was at the door and peering through the spyhole, before opening it up to reveal a white jacketed member of staff pushing a trolley laden with covered plates.

"Looks like breakfast is served, guys," she said taking the check and signing it with a flourish, reaching into a pocket to tip the guy. "I'll take it from here, my friend," she added ushering the waiter from the room. "We'll leave everything outside when we're done."