Chapter~1

Avery's POV

"AVERY." my mama yelled waking me up out my sleep.

I got up to see what she wanted.
My mother's once beautiful caramel skin is now covered in dirt and sores.

"Pass me that remote your daddy probably texted me on it." she slurred her words taking a sip out her beer.

What the hell is this woman talking about because we don't have a T.V to go along with no remote and she don't have a phone.

"Mama we don't have a remote." I said as nicely as possible when I walked off because she might pounce on me from behind.

"It's right here." she said sticking up her middle finger.

I shook my head mumbling as I walked off.

"DID YOU JUST CALL ME CRAZY?" she yelled running towards me.

"No ma'am."

"Shut the hell up BECAUSE I KNOW YOU CALLED ME CRAZY."

"I didn't ev-

"HAHAHA LITTLE BITCH YOU WANNA CALL ME CRAZY I'LL GIVE YOU CRAZY."

Before I could say some she started swinging on me. I let out a laugh because she was swinging wild and hitting mostly air. But that only led to her punching me to the ground and pouring her beer on me.

"Don't move you little bitch." she said stomping off.

I didn't move because last time she stomped me.

She came back seconds later with her hands behind her back with a evil smirk on her face.

Before I knew it she strike her lighter and I kicked her dead in her mouth and swiftly ran.

It wasn't long before she caught back up and yanked my hair.

She dragged me all the way upstairs by my hair and stomped me causing me to rolled back down the stairs.

The only thing I heard was her laughing like a maniac before the world went black.

My mother and I were currently walking down the sidewalk down the street from our house.

"Mommy there go daddy." I said jumping up and down.

"Shitt....run go,go,go and don't look back."

I did as I was told and ran down the long sidewalk.

I looked back at my mom and she was running full speed right along with me. I turned back around and stopped once my dad stood in front of me smirking.

"Come to daddy." he said picking me up.

I hopped into his arms watching them both argue back and forth.

"Who was that other guy you was with the last couple of days." my daddy said with pure hate in his eyes.

"I wasn't with no other man, so you can get out yo head now." she lied.

"Don't lie to me Alex." my daddy said with hurt in his eyes now.

"I'm not baby I love you." she lied again.

"Then explain this." he said holding up some photos I took of my mama and the man she was cheating on my dad with.

"Mommy you remember that day cause I do,his name Kevin and he gave me candy everyday he spent a night over our house." I giggled slurping on my lollipop.

"Honey what are you talking bout....I think its best if you be quiet." my mama said fake smiling.

"No let her keep going." my daddy said patting my head.

" I took the pictures because I wanted daddy to know Kevin and mommy you remember when you told me to go upstairs and turn the radio as far as it could go and I heard you and Kevin making a lot of noises.

I wanted to come downstairs with y'all and have fun too."

"That's all I needed to hear baby girl." he said placing me back on my feet.

"I'll come back for you and Alex go fuck yo man again because it's over." My daddy said walking off.

That was the last day I seen him.

After he walked off my mama looked at me with hatred in her eyes.

"YOU RUIN EVERYTHING!!!" she yelled as people stopped by just to stare at the scene before them.

"Lets go home." she stated quietly pulling my ear.

When I open my eyes from that horrible flashback I wanted to kill my mama. I was only five when that happen and when we got home she beat me so bad that I could attend school for a month, she had to home school me and that was even worse.
I walked upstairs feeling pain in every muscle I moved. I had to get some rest.