31. Sister's Forever

I sat in the Mystic Grill. Elena sat across from me. I could tell from the way her eyes kept darting to the door how badly she wanted to run. Too bad she couldn't. It had been too easy on their walk away from the cabin to find out the only vervain she had was the locket around her neck.

The look of absolute terror that she had worn when I suddenly had her against a tree by the neck almost made me want to flip the switch back on just to savour it. Instead I pulled the locket from her, hissing when the vervained metal came into contact with my skin. I threw the damn thing away from us.

She started stuttering as she tried to talk,

"Je... Jennifer... d... don't do this..." She gasped, "T...this isn't you. You must be compelled... fight it..."

I let her go and she slid down the tree until she was sitting on the ground rubbing her neck. Her eyes never left me as I crossed my arms across my chest and started tapping my foot impatiently.

"You know Elena, I'm kind of on a schedule here. I mean, we have to meet Rebekah, you have to be killed, etcetera, etcetera... and all this before I kill Damon so if you don't mind let's get going."

I threw her over my shoulder and sped into town. Before entering I pulled her in front of me, forcing her to look me in the eye, my pupils dilated as I compelled her.

"When we go in here you will sit and be a good girl. You will not try and run and you will not speak until I allow it. Do you understand?"

Elena opened her mouth to speak but no sound came out. God this compulsion stuff was handy. I grabbed her arm and we went inside. The place was empty, after the multiple deaths of the other council members everybody was either at their own homes or the homes of the recently deceased to pay their respects. The barman put my drink in front of me and turned to go back to work but I stood up and before he realised it I was standing in front of him. I quickly compelled him to lock up the bar and come back to my table.

The barman complied with a confused look. He had no idea what was happening. When he came back to the table I had him sit beside me, the fear was stronger in Elena's eyes. She knew what was about to happen.

"Why am I doing everything you say?" the barman asked me.

I smirked at him, "Maybe it's my winning personality... What do you think Elena?"

Elena couldn't speak so she just started shaking her head, her eyes pleading me. I turned back to the barman, "You're doing everything I say because I'm a vampire and I have compelled you. And now I'm going to rip into your neck and drain you of all your blood. Does that answer your question?"

The barman tried to run as my face changed but before he could bat an eyelid I grabbed him and sunk my teeth into his neck feeling the warm blood pour down my throat. When I had my fill I pulled back and pushed the now dead barman out of the seat. I picked up a napkin and wiped my mouth, looking at Elena I saw the horror on her face.

"What... a girl's gotta eat." I smirked at her. "Now, I'm about to ring Rebekah, but before she gets here there is one thing left to do."

3rd person POV

Damon, Stefan and Caroline were in the woods. They had left the humans in the cabin, they would just slow the vampires down. They knew they were on the right track when Caroline found Elena's locket. She carefully lifted it by the chain and put it in her pocket so as not to be burned by the vervain.

Stefan was starting to get really scared. Why would Jennifer take off Elena's locket? What is she going to compel her to do? Damon and Caroline were wondering it too but they were more focused on finding the two girls before anything bad happened.